I'm buying puff dough in packs! It is impossible to resist – everything will take a maximum of 30 minutes.

Long dreamed. baklava - and here it is! I confess that I was stopped by the time-consuming process of preparing the test.

But with this recipe, everything will take a maximum of 30 minutes (not counting, of course, the process of baking and impregnation). A treat that will sweeten weekdays and decorate the weekend!

Baklava from puff dough Ingredients
  • 500g layered yeastless dough
  • 2 tbsp peeled walnuts
  • 150g sugar
  • 150-200g honey
  • 100g butter
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 0.5 tsp ground cardamom
  • 1 yolk (for lubrication)
  • 80 ml of water

Preparation
  1. Prepare ingredients: dough thaw, butter grind. Roast the nuts in a dry pan, grind into a crumb, mix with 1 tbsp of sugar, cinnamon and cardamom.
  2. Frozen dough thinly roll and cut into layers corresponding to the size of the shape in which baklava will be baked.
  3. On a lubricated bowl or shape lay out the first thin layer of dough. Slightly lubricate the surface of the dough with oil and generously sprinkle with a nut mixture. Cover with the next layer of dough. Continue to lay alternately the dough and filling, not forgetting to lubricate the surface with oil. The top layer should be from the dough. Grease it with yolk.

4. Warm the oven to 180°C. Cut baklava into small rhombics and bake 40-45 minutes before the formation of a golden crust.

5. While baklava is baked, cook. honey-fill. Put the water with the remaining sugar on the fire, bring to a boil and boil, stirring, 5-7 minutes. In the original recipe, honey is added to boiling sugar syrup and cooked for another 3 minutes. I prefer, in order to preserve all the useful properties of honey, to dissolve it in a slightly cooled syrup.
  6. Take the baklava that has arrived from the oven, let it cool down a little, cut the planned incisions and fields with honey pouring. Leave baklava at room temperature for 1-2 hours so that the pastry is properly soaked.

Fast, tasty and unusually aromatic! Oh, that oriental flavor... One thing is for sure: I will cook this nutty delight very often.

Your friends will certainly not give up a piece of honey baklava, share with them a recipe!

Tags

See also

New and interesting