Why wasteful spending is fun

Every adult is sure that he knows how to manage money. But if you ask anyone about spending for a month, only a few will be able to specify the exact amount. Most people do not control their spending, which often leads to disastrous consequences.

Today's edition. "Site" talk about How not to spend money on nonsense. Often the reason for spending lies not so much in the amount of income as in the psychology of the person himself. It is the inability to properly cope with the emotions of many leads to a real financial abyss.

I am not married, I have no children, I live with my parents at 42. My mother was diagnosed with dementia three years ago, she lives in one room, my father in another, almost do not communicate. I live in the living room, look after them, pay all the bills. Yes, the parents have a pension, but these incomes are penny”.

“Money is always short. The problem is compounded by the fact that I often make rash purchases. It started 2 years ago. When I pay at the checkout, I consider the purchase justified. But already at home comes sobering up, where I blame myself for wasting my money.”

“The budget of the family is entirely on me. I know how to use money, I know how to save. But as soon as there is a decent amount in personal funds, then I throw it into nonsense. It looks like some kind of addiction, Svetlana complains.

Psychologists believe that similar impulse It is often said that a person lives under stress. And the opportunity to buy something pleasant just gives a little joy, allows you to feel happy for a while. But then really comes sobering.

“There must be a link between Svetlana’s addiction and her mother’s illness. After all, the passion for rash spending appeared in a woman about a year after she learned about the health problems of a loved one, says psychologist Arina Lipkina.

“Heedless purchases are only a symptom. It is necessary to deal with the causes - pain, emptiness, lack of support. Chronic stress will continue to push for stupid actions, and Svetlana will try to control herself in vain.

“But she can pause every time she wants to spend any amount. Let at this moment she thinks about what else can please herself, the expert concluded.

And wasteIt is better to give yourself a day (or even more) to think about whether you need this thing or not. If the purchase seems right after 24 hours, you can spend money. In this case, the likelihood of regret later decreases.

Not without reason, marketers love to arrange short-term promotions for a variety of products so that a potential buyer does not have enough time to weigh everything, think... and change his mind.

Psychologists also do not advise to make purchases in a bad mood, because in such moments the risk of spending the last money on completely unnecessary things only grows.

Tags

See also

New and interesting