Algorithmization personal finance geek or approach to the calculation of expenses

A couple of years ago, I designed the consumer credit (not the first, I must say). Took on the job reference 2-PIT and carried her to the bank. I was refused a loan - the manager could not believe that I take into debt at high interest rates and the amount of the whole year, much less than my monthly salary. In general, he suspected a trick. I also could not believe that propolimeril money standing in the column "total for the year." I feel that if I had at the hands of such a sum, I would ogogo ...

However, "ogogo" did not, and indeed with the money relationship did not develop. I realized that I'm doing something wrong and useful to read all sorts of books (with GTD, this approach worked once, why there is not lucky?). After 2-3 weeks of reading Kiyosaki, any blogs about personal finances (especially in domains like myrichway) and other mutoten my "something wrong" does not evaporate. In desperation, I asked Habré (now in the toaster), to advise something intelligible. In response to (thank you, O man aavezel , after all this time, I can say that this great link has changed my life) flew link to the blog of Max Kra. Among other things, there was a post « life and budget figures » that, in fact, is the concentration of all the things that I wanted to understand. For example, I found a simple answer in the form of a formula, talking about how much money to keep the contingency fund. Or how many hours can cost as much as possible.

Then, over time, I've read a lot of really good literature from the field of home finances. However, that crib, though formulated in 2009 year, was still relevant. Recently, once again throwing off a colleague a link to the article, I thought it would be nice to write a post about it Habre - it is just in our spirit, short and algorithmic.

=============
Shopping and credit

2% - your watch (if not present) should not cost more than 2% of your personal annual income. For the ladies - you can use the same rule for buying handbags and hats :)

2 - the size of a mortgage loan should not exceed your household annual income multiplied by 2. For example, if your family earns $ 2,000 per month, to borrow more than $ 48k is not recommended. After him: and no need to take out a loan in a currency other than the currency income.

4 - If you lead the family budget, and if some spending more than your 4-day budget. All significant costs should be discussed, and if you want to stop quarreling about spending, stick to this rule.

8 years - usually a good idea to change your TV or refrigerator no more frequently than once every 8 years.

10% - The maximum size of payments on car loans.

10 years - if you buy a new car, plan not to change his 10 years (in case of breakage - repair): so you get the maximum benefit from the acquisition. Of course, buy a 2-year-old car and enjoy it more profitable to 8 years :)

20% - the maximum allowable share of consumer credit (ie mortgage, we do not consider here) in your pre-tax income.

30% - up to 30% can be saved in the store, if you take with a full shopping list. Money saved on the fact that there is no need to go to the store during the week.

28-35% - the maximum allowable percentage of mortgage relative to your income. Consumer Reports recommends 28%, but 35% - not neprepodёmnaya amount if few other debts. In the same amount also includes all additional payments (land tax, home insurance, security, etc.). This does not include utilities.

36-48 months - the maximum period for which you need to take the credit for vehicles. There is no reason why a sensible person will take credit for a longer period.

36-48% - the critical size for payment of all debts to the amount of your income. It should be noted that this rule is flexible when you are in for a month to pay for credit card purchases, and then at the end of the month to cover the whole debt on it entirely (as is done, for example, I am. I'm just comfortable to accumulate a sufficient number of frequent flyer miles to sometimes could fly business class).

50% - According to the accumulated statistics, people who share their fixed costs (mortgage payments, utilities, hobbies, education payment, etc.) exceeds 50%, are in limbo financial condition.

$ 100 - if your spontaneous purchases worth more than this amount, use the rule that for every 100 dollars worth of things wait 1 day before purchase. Ie if you are very much wanted to buy an MP3 player for $ 300, before making a purchase, wait 3 days: you may change your plans.

Savings and Investments
3 months-X, where X - the percentage of unemployment in your area - your emergency fund should allow you to survive for 3 to X months (for competitive professions such as programmer, a doctor or an accountant, I recommend at least 3 months, but because of the crisis better to be safe ). "Existed" - is able to exercise ordinary expenses and payments on the obligations (someone expenses and liabilities exceed the amount of income). For some reason, many people forget that the reserve fund is also used when you are due to health problems (or family) are forced to take unpaid leave.

5-10% - the minimum allowable size of your monthly savings or investments. First, you accumulate money in a reserve fund, and then start experimenting with investments. Remember that your goal - not to save the maximum amount possible, and give yourself peace of mind about the money. However, if you have the opportunity to defer 15% or even 20% of income, consider it a godsend.

10% - the maximum allowable percentage of shares of your employer in your portfolio (if, of course, you are not the founder, or at least a top manager in the company). Believe the word: for the outside investor your company - one of many, and do not give loyalty or rosy promises CEO on a quarterly presentations to employees affect your investment decisions. Read the story of Enron-and if you do not believe me :)

72 - Rule 72 months says that your money will be doubled through (72 / deposit interest rate) years. Ie at the rate of 12% of your money will double in 6 years. (Taxes not count)

90% - if you want to retire and no shortage of money, your pension must be somewhere in the 80-90% of your expenses + obligations during active labor.

100-your age - the percentage of shares to the entire amount of your investment portfolio. Ie if you are 30 years old, your portfolio should be no more than 100-30 = 70% of the shares. The rest - it bonds, gold, deposits, etc. The logic is quite simple: the older you get, the less risk you can take (for some reason, many people forget that profitability always depends on the risk).

$ 1 million - the desire to have a million dollars excites brain considerable number of people (Bill Gates we not take into account). But there is one problem: if you live in a city with a population of 1M or more people, you realize that $ 1M will help you buy a tolerable accommodation, but will not feed you until the end of life, so your choice is simple: either you are eating money (that oh how to make simple), or you are forced to continue working. As an option - you can decide whether to reinvest dividends received, or spend it on entertainment (travel, restaurants, etc.).

Other
10 - an average of 10 days is required ordinary person, whose financial nightmare to start and stop keep track of spending
=======================

From the author of the text - that last point, I myself started to record business expenses three or four times. Managed to establish it on a regular basis, only using Zenmoney by Android - it parses the SMS from the bank itself, automatically takes into account the costs. Without it, too lazy to do it. And so, the account is in semi-automatic mode.

Source: habrahabr.ru/post/224277/

Tags

See also

New and interesting