I wanted to divorce my husband because of infidelity, but the parents intervened and banned

Elena got married while still a student. She never imagined that her lover would ever be able to look at another woman. But very soon it happened. The husband confessed to treason and was ready for the fact that his wife will file for divorce. That would have happened, but the heroine’s relatives got into the situation. If they managed to convince the girl, read further in the article.

When Vova and I met, I was only 18 years old. I was finishing my first year at university and I didn't think about guys. But he won me over. A sporty and purposeful undergraduate, for whom all the girls have dried. Who would have thought he would choose me?

We started dating, and after a couple of years Vova started talking about the wedding. I immediately agreed, but we agreed that we would go to the registry office when I graduated. That's what happened. Vova was already working at that time, the future was looming.

We started living together in a rented apartment. My family in my son-in-law didn't like it. My mother kept repeating how lucky I was, how young I was, and I grabbed such a flap. To be honest, I was jealous of myself.

After college, I found a job very quickly. We started planning our future together. Talk about the baby. It seemed that nothing would disturb our idyll. But I felt like everything couldn't be that perfect.

A little more than 3 years have passed since the wedding. Vova came after another corporate party himself. He didn't want to talk like he was hiding something. Then things sort of settled down. A few days later, my husband told me we needed to talk.

Is it worth filing for divorce Husband confessed to treason? He said honestly that he had too much, followed the lead of a colleague. Now he can’t find a place, realizes that he made a huge mistake. But does that even matter? When I heard that, it was like something broke inside.

My beloved Vova betrayed me. And it is quite easy, as if it is nothing for him. I didn't know what to say to my husband. There was neither strength nor desire to fight and clarify the relationship. I just took my purse and left the house. I went to my friend's house, and I cried.

“What are you thinking of doing now? Divorce? asked Anka. It's scary to think about divorce. But how could it be different? They say that where there is one betrayal, there is the next. How can I trust a man who cheated on another just on hops?

I knew I needed time to think it over. I lived with a friend for a week. Vova came every day, almost on his knees begging me to just talk. I brought flowers and gifts as if they could buy me. Disgusting!

And then my mom found out. That’s when a nightmare began in my life. She called me and told me not to even think about divorce. Like, with whom it does not happen, men go to the left, this is normal. She won't let me ruin my family because of such a ridiculous mistake.

My mother said that if I filed for divorce, no one would marry me a second time. No one is interested in divorces. So I have to hold on to Vova, no matter what stupidity he does. It's so sweet that my mother calls cheating stupid. It's normal in her value system because my father cheated on her all the time. And she was patient because she was afraid of people being judged.

But I don't want to be like my mother! On the other hand, I always think that people are entitled to a second chance. Perhaps this is the case? What am I supposed to do?

No one is immune from betrayal, even if accidental. But are they? Every woman can answer this question by herself. One way or another, Elena is right: people are entitled to a second chance. Maybe she really shouldn't be filing for divorce. She should not be manipulated by her mother. All problems with her husband should be solved only with him. Agreed?

Tags

See also

New and interesting