My husband's son from his first marriage comes and stays overnight, and I'm in a position, I need peace of mind.

“I would hate to complain about my husband’s problems. But it seems that I am about to reach my boiling point, shares our reader Alla. The woman is now 6 months pregnant. She needs support and peace. But instead, twice a week, she is forced to be in the company of a spouse's child from her first marriage.

Why other people’s children are so exhausted and what exactly irritates the heroine, you will learn in today’s article.

Problems with my husband appeared relatively recently. I guess they've always been. I just turned a blind eye. So I'll start from the beginning. I met Vasya a little over 5 years ago. He immediately told me he had a son from his first marriage.

I didn't see anything like that, things happen. At first I liked to see how caring I was. I knew he would be a great father to our children.

Six months later, Vasya asked me to get married. I was confident in this man and agreed without even thinking. I was standing next to him like a stone wall. Isn’t that what all women dream of?

The wedding was cozy and modest. We called the closest people and celebrated our day without too much pathos. Happiness loves silence. After a while, my husband told me that his son would visit us twice a week. These are the days when you are legally allowed to see your child.

Of course, I didn’t mind, because I knew that for Vasya it was very important. She was 5 years old at the time and needed her father. When my husband’s son came to us, Vasya was completely absorbed in his communication. I used to go out on business and dedicate time to myself.

At some point I began to stress that Vanya always stayed overnight when he came to our house. At first, Vasya slept with his son because he was afraid to be alone in the room.

But I put up with it. She made up until she got pregnant. I am now 6 months old and my husband’s baby has not changed. He still brings Vanya 2 times a week to our house. He devotes the whole day to him, and then the boy spends the night with us.

He's grown up and doesn't need his father's company anymore. But that doesn't change the situation. Sometimes, Vanya is capricious and arranges tantrums. I want to be quiet. By the way, my pregnancy is not the easiest and calmest. That’s why it’s so important for me that my husband is always there. But that's not happening!

Just don't throw slippers at me: I talked to my husband. More than once! But he can't hear me. He says he loves me very much. But he loves his son no less. And since he sees him only 2 times a week, he should give him maximum attention.

I'm just wondering what happens next. I'm pregnant now. But I'm going to have a baby in a few months. Our lives will change a lot. Diapers, baby crying, first teeth... How will I handle my baby if my husband is not around?

I'm always nervous. And when Vanya comes, my condition drops just below the plinth. I don’t know what to do or how to behave so that my husband takes our problems seriously. He thinks I'm being guided by hormones, saying that all this will pass soon.

But I know it's only going to get worse. What am I supposed to do?

Life Wisdom: What does this story teach us? A woman who decides to start a relationship with a man who already has children must calculate all the risks. Of course, it is difficult to guess in advance how the relationship will develop with another child. But it is important to understand that the spouse one way or another will devote some time not to his wife, but to his child.

In the place of Alla, I would try to make friends with my husband’s son. It seems that she did not even try to find a common language with the child. In the future, he will be the older brother of his own child. And the connection between them is very important.

What advice would you give to a pregnant woman who lacks her husband’s attention? Share your thoughts in the comments!

Tags

See also

New and interesting