My son accidentally pushed a classmate, broke an iPhone, I was urgently called to school.

School, change, child smashes phone. The worst part is that the phone is not his. What should parents do in this case? Quit all your business and come and sort it out? Or with a calm soul to give up: this is the fault of the school and did not see the teacher, my business?

The question is actually quite complex, but solvable. We answer to our reader, who had such an incident. First of all, you need to remain calm. The phone is not health, it is fixable.

My son broke someone else's phone at school. He said he was pushed, and who didn't. In fact, there is a non-working iPhone of some fashionable, but not the latest model, angry parents and a lot of phone calls. What to do, I do not know, asked other friends with children: the answers were very different.

Some said quietly to solve everything and give money for repairs. The answer is clear, but it turns out that the repair will cost almost as much as the phone itself. Some very important detail has broken, and its replacement plus the work of the master costs a penny.

Others advised to spit and wave. The son is learning well, so teachers will not be able to get to him. The case will not go to trial, and the boy’s parents are to blame. There was no need to give the child an expensive machine. A simple “call” would be enough. Not the most elegant option. We have a normal family and we have a conscience. Solving your problems at someone else’s expense is low.

My son is 13. Believe me, he is really nervous, but he continues to prove that he is not guilty of anything. Teachers have not complained about the behavior up to this point, but demand to quickly understand the situation. The reputation of the school is very important. It is clear, but what to do, we have not yet decided. We hope that this will help us with advice or at least guide us in the right direction. Thank you very much in advance.

It is very good that you have indicated, How old is the boy? And how he's doing with conduct. Let's start with the kids. till 14 Parents always answer. They have to make sure he behaves properly, doesn't fight, doesn't run. Moreover, even if the child has his own personal savings, such as gifts from his grandmother or a share in the apartment, pay the mother and father anyway.

Curiously, even if the parents are divorced and, for example, the father is in another place or in another city, he still has to pay. An exception can only be a court decision, when a parent is forbidden to communicate with his own child for one reason or another.

By the way, from 14 to 18 years, these rules change a little. The child can (but does not have to) pay for himself. Indeed, today’s children grow up quickly and may already have some personal capital. Which he can use if he wants.

But do not panic and run to the family piggy bank. In some cases, you do not need to pay for the damaged thing. It's a school thing. It is also responsible for the health and property of children. But the question needs to be sorted out.

If a child has done something dirty because his parents did not look at him or brought him up qualitatively, it is their fault, and the parents will have to pay. But if at the time when the child should be under the supervision of teachers, he did something bad and they were not in place. The school will pay.

Now we've come smoothly to conduct boy. The teachers said there was no problem with him. This is very good, so the child is not a problem. His parents couldn’t look after him because the children were in school. The boy says he was pushed, but don't forget that at school, teachers are responsible for the children. It doesn't matter if it's a change or a lesson. After all, there are guards and duty officers.

Our advice is to talk to the parents of the children who witnessed the situation. It's important to find out if there was anyone who pushed the guy. Hand over the phone to a master professional. He must determine whether the repair is really worth the money and whether the phone was in trouble before it fell and broke. Take the characterization of the son. And the hard part is figuring out if the school is ready for dialogue to take responsibility for what happened.

Of course, there's a lot of work. You have to maintain self-control. Wait, be patient. But it will bear fruit. Maybe find out who pushed the boy. The school can either fully or partially pay for the repair or purchase of a new phone. In any case, justice will prevail, and your family will show that although you are ready for such a situation, you will solve it honestly and without unnecessary fuss.

Don’t panic: Teachers or principals may croak with rage and ostentatious dislike. But they know their responsibilities like no one else. Solving the issue in the legal field will not turn out to be good for the school, so sooner or later they will meet. You just have to wait and explore your rights a little further. We wish you luck and all the best!

Tags

See also

New and interesting