Is it possible now to prepare a good thick gravy, which was served in Soviet canteens?

I confess that I have cooked goulash only once in my life. And it turned out so bad. Recently I wanted to please my beloved, and I went to my mother for a recipe. I remember how she was excited to talk about a meat dish that my grandmother used to cook. The recipe comes from the USSR, and it wanders from generation to generation. I'm going to tell you today. How to make beef goulash.

The recipe I will share today is very simple. But there's one thing about it. To make the dish as juicy and tasty as possible, it should be cooked on an open fire. If in the near future you are going to go to the country, be sure to bring all the necessary products for goulash. No regrets! And the family will thank you.

The ingredients
  • 1.5 kg of beef
  • 3 bulbs
  • 1 carrot
  • 3 tbsp wheat flour
  • 2 tbsp tomato paste
  • 1.5 liters of water
  • 1 tbsp salt
  • 0.5 tbsp sugar
  • 3-4 pcs of bay leaf
  • ground black pepper
  • vegetable-oil

Preparation
  1. First thing is meat. Cut the beef into medium-sized pieces. The main thing is that they are the same, otherwise some will be prepared earlier and some later. And you and I are trying to achieve the perfect texture of the finished goulash!

2. Since the dish is cooked on an open fire, it is best to use a deep cast-iron pan for this. Heat vegetable oil on it and start frying meat. At this time, cut the bow finely. Peel the carrots and rub them on a large grater. Add onions and carrots to roasted beef. Stir it all together.

3. Then mix the tomato paste in the meat. If you like a richer tomato taste, feel free to add more pasta. Then pour water into the future goulash. It is best to use boiling water.
  4. Add salt and sugar to the meat. This is necessary to stabilize the taste of ready goulash. Next, add bay leaf and ground black pepper to the dish. Stir everything and cover the pan with a lid. Tomi beef for 1 hour.

YouTube

5. In a separate bowl, mix the flour with pure water until all the lumps disappear. Pour the resulting liquid into goulash and mix it well. Carcass meat for another 30 minutes. Done!

I suggest you to see how to cook real beef goulash with gravy in the original video recipe.

about:blank

How to make goulash from beef: editorial advice This recipe is good for its versatility. As a side dish for goulash, you can make mashed potatoes. The classic combination of potatoes and beef has never failed! But in general, any other porridge of your choice will suit you. For example, buckwheat or wheat.

To prepare juicy goulash from beef, choose a brisket, clipping, pulp of the hind leg or a spatula with a thin layer of lard. The main thing is that the meat is fresh, otherwise you will have to spend much more time to stew it.

The dish can also be made from other meats, such as pork. Then it is best to fit the flesh from the top of the ham, back, brisket and neck. By the way, goulash is not always a meat dish. Skillful housewives interpret it, replacing ordinary meat with soy. How to cook it, told my colleague Galina Pashinskaya. I'm sharing an article here.

Tell me, do you often indulge in homemade juicy meat dishes?

Tags

See also

New and interesting