At the age of 42, I decided to bake a kulich for the first time, I did everything strictly according to the recipe, I never tried pastries more delicious than pastries.

Easter is coming soon. March 3, 2022 began the Great Lent. It will end on April 23, and the next day, on Sunday, we will celebrate the bright holiday of Easter. The holiday should be prepared primarily internally: to pray and refrain from evil thoughts, repent of sins and refrain your body and soul from temptations. Today I want to talk about how my deeply religious grandmother baked cakes on Easter. Paradise's grandmother perfectly baked cullich with cereal in a rural oven, specifically ignored the oven.

Kulich with Kulichi tsucats at Easter in our family was always baked by my grandmother. Since she's gone, I've never tried to make a cake myself because I was afraid of ruining the pastry. It's just like Grandma never does. Her cakes were yellow like chickens and very tender. Especially after Lent, this bread is so delicious.

I finally found the recipe that promised me delicious cakes on my first try, in my grandmother's old cookbook. Waiting for the holiday to ruin everything, I did not start training in advance. Now I know for sure that this recipe is perfect for those who have never baked kulichi on their own.

Peels Ingredients
  • 250ml of ghee milk
  • 12g dry yeast
  • 3 eggs
  • 3 yolks
  • 150g butter
  • 700g flour
  • 250g sugar
  • 30g honey
  • 20g lemon peel
  • 20 peels of orange
  • 5g salt
  • 150g candied
  • 0.5 tsp turmeric
  • 150g raisins
  • 2g vanillin
  • 100ml orange juice

Preparation
  1. Make the ghee milk first. Bring the milk to a boil in the pan, then reduce the fire and periodically remove the foam from the milk. It should be cooked on a slow fire for 3 hours. After that, the milk can be added to the baking.

2. Cool the milk to 38 degrees and prepare the opar for the dough: mix 12 g of yeast and 250 ml of ghee milk. Put it in a warm place for 7 minutes.
  3. Mix softened butter with 50 g of sugar and 3 egg yolks until homogeneous, add 3 eggs and suited yeast. Stir everything well. Leave the poop for 12 hours in a warm place.
  4. Wash the raisins and pour it in 100 ml of orange juice. You can just pour boiling water.

5. Mix the peel of orange and lemon with 200 g of sugar. Then add vanilla, honey, sugar and flour. Add the turmeric and a pinch of salt. Mix a viscous homogeneous dough with hands or a mixer.
  6. Add some candy and raisins to the dough. Leave the dough in a deep bowl or pan and leave for 1.5 hours under the food film in a warm place so that the dough increases in volume by 2 times.

7. Take out the dough and divide it into 4 parts. Put the forms on the pan and leave under the film for 1 hour. Then remove the film and leave the cakes for another 1 hour at room temperature. Now heat the oven to 170 degrees.
  8. Bake cakes in shapes with a diameter of 13 cm in the oven at 170 degrees 35-45 minutes. Check the cookies with a toothpick.
From the remaining egg whites, you can prepare glaze and decorate the tops of the cakes. Baking does not smell of yeast at all, cakes remain soft and do not stale for quite a long time. You can decorate the glaze with sugar sprinkle or cereal.

In order for the cakes to turn out the first time, all the ingredients for baking should be about the same temperature. Dough should grow 3 times, in a dark warm place. Kulich should be baked in a good mood and with prayer, then the pastry will be delicious. It is better to mix the dough with your hands, but if there is a lot of it, you can use dough. So that the cakes do not burn, it is better to use small forms - so the top and bottom of the cake will be rosy, and the dough will be baked on all sides evenly. What's your favorite cake recipe?

Tags

See also

New and interesting