My girlfriend's granddaughter ruined my holiday, no more kids in the house

Guard! I came to visit. childless. What's up? Parents often pretend that nothing is happening. And to any even the most polite remark, they like to open their hands and answer: “What can I do?” Children ..." A typical excuse does not justify the actions of a child who has not been taught how to behave. But what you can actually do in such a situation, read further in the article.

My birthday was approaching, and I wanted to invite all my friends to visit. Not every day is 60 years old! So I started preparing in advance. I made an original menu, bought new dishes. I really wanted to make myself happy. The cake this time decided not to bake, as the daughter offered to order dessert from her pastry friend.

Everything went according to plan, until on the day of the celebration, one of the friends stunned with a call: “Nina, I will be with my granddaughter.” I'm sorry, that's how it goes.” Don't think about it, I'm not against children. But in this situation, the presence of the baby would be very inappropriate. I know that Alla will always be distracted. And I can't relax. You need to feed and drink the girl. What if she wants to play? I wouldn’t want to be in the role of a nanny and come up with an activity for a child.

But there was nowhere to go. Alla came with her granddaughter after all the other guests. I was late, because “Aniuta was going for a long time.” Okay, I'm guessing who doesn't. The girl is only 10 years old and can be understood. But the problems didn’t end there.

At first, Alla’s granddaughter was quiet. We sat down together and started eating in the best traditions. Adults remembered the past, and the girl behaved quietly and listened attentively to us. At some point, she got bored. She ate and asked her to “go to the other room to play.”

I took her to my bedroom, where I made a little corner for children. She took out colored pencils and paper so she could draw. And it was kind of normal. But it turned out that drawing Anya did not attract much, and she sneaked into the kitchen. This was easy to do as you can’t see from the living room when someone comes out of the bedroom.

I don’t know how much time she spent in the kitchen. But when I went there to put the kettle on and cook the cake, it turned out that there was nothing to serve. Or rather, the cake, of course, was, but its appearance has changed slightly. Alla's granddaughter quietly opened the refrigerator and removed all the decor from the dessert. All the glazed coating of the cake was in her prints, and somewhere and completely broke.

I'm speechless because of this insolence. What an ill-mannered child! I was very upset, but I couldn’t leave my guests without cake. I tweaked where I could and took it to the table. To fight with a friend I had neither strength nor desire. But I was angry. So I pulled out my phone and showed my friends a picture of the cake before it was brutally attacked.

This is what the cake looked like in the beginning. But Anechka decided to modify it a little while we were having dinner, I said. Guests looked closely at the photo and then took a look at the horrific-looking dessert. Everyone was silent as if water had been poured into their mouths.

Alla's granddaughter was sitting, looking down. I cut off the biggest piece that the girl certainly didn’t touch. But I'm not greedy, so at the end of the evening I packed the leftover cake in a container. Alla didn't even apologize to me! In fact, she was angry at me for the scene I made.

Maybe I did the wrong thing. But I'm sorry, I paid a lot of money for this cake. Why should I tolerate the boorish behavior of a child who should not even be at my party? In general, after this situation, I do not let my friends and granddaughters into my house.

Life Wisdom: What does this story teach us? Everyone's different. While some people always think about the consequences of their actions, others do unacceptable things. Yes, the same goes for children. Agree, what did 10-year-old Anyuta, perfectly shows how she is raised at home. But she could have just politely asked to make tea and give her something sweet. I am sure that the heroine of history would not refuse a young guest.

A woman’s reaction can also be assessed differently. I wonder what you would do in her place.

Tags

See also

New and interesting