It's very sad when grown-up kids don't want to hang out with you, but I found a way to put up with it.

To answer the question “and, in fact, What children owe to parentsThe answer is not so easy. The reason is simple and it is on the surface. It’s all about education and outlook on life. In different countries, the attitude towards older parents is different.

In the United States, nursing homes are well developed. Young children give their parents there without conscience and there are no complaints against them. The point is only in the price: obviously, the more expensive the institution, the more comfortable it will be. But Asians are used to not leaving their parents at all. The old mother and father will live with their grandchildren and daughter-in-law, even if the apartment does not boast a large area. Who's right and who's wrong?

What kids owe their parents I'm pretty old. As you can see, children are not as good as you would like. No, they don't shy away from me, but I'd like to talk more often. With age, you look at many things differently. There's less energy, no work. There is enough time to look around and draw conclusions. In the evening, the TV is annoying. I miss my son and daughter.

But they are grown-ups, they have their own lives. I didn't realize it before and was angry that they didn't want to visit me more often. But now I get it. Children are not our property and we do not have them for ourselves. These are the same people who need to get on their feet, learn how to earn, start a family. Raising your children after all. I, even my grandfather, learned to put up with it. But when grandkids come, it's great.

Now my old and not too big apartment seems to me huge. Now I need a little space, as they say, my corner. But recently I decided to start my hobby: leather crafts. It took me so much time that I felt young and interested again. I even missed my son’s call once, and I was so excited. You know, if he missed my call, I'd be offended. But now I understand.

In the past, when we were young, we had problems with our personal space. The kids told me and my wife that I bothered them, that they wanted to be freer. I was just thinking that without us, they'd definitely get their bumps, get into the wrong company, go downhill. I can see through them! They grew up and got a good job. We bought apartments, cars. I'm being helped. So our conflicts were groundless and I was nervous?

At this point, I understand that loneliness is an integral part of old age. How can children give up everything and entertain an old man? What kind of parent would want this kind of life for them? It's not their fault that their mother left young. Does Dad feel a little abandoned now? No, they're trying, calling, giving presents and stuff. But -- you know, sometimes it's sad.

At the moment I started a lot of hobbies and even met a nice woman. I stopped pitying myself and blaming myself for loneliness. I thought, there are young people who are lonely. They have to work, do things around the house, develop. And they have no one to blame. How am I worse?

Now I'm taking my life. I often clean, do laundry, cook. Self-organizing. And from boredom in the home there was no trace. It’s great when kids think about me. It should be. But live from meeting to meeting? Nope. It turned out that a man, even at the age, still has something to do in this life. The main thing is to distribute the forces correctly.

You don’t have to be dependent on circumstances. You can't go far with that philosophy. Make your bed? Here. You've already done one thing on your day. Keep going. You'll rest tonight. Go outside. According to politicians, most people are pensioners. So we can no longer communicate with each other, share information and news? Sure! The main thing is not to lose a good mood and put yourself right.

As they say, if you feel bad about yourself, you will feel worse with someone else. Remember that and all the good things. Do not lose yourself and appreciate your loved ones. Good luck!

As you can see, everything can be considered on the merits. The main thing is to present it correctly. Self-development is very important at any age. It is not only useful from the practical side, but also helps to feel more confident. This is very important now.

Tags

See also

New and interesting