Mother-in-law decided to go lying daughter-in-law, abandoned by her husband, she became stunned when she received a gift in gratitude for kindness

Nastya and Andrei met as students at the university. Since then, they have been inseparable, making plans for the future, planning to get married. They are now in their third year together. Nastya is trying with all her might to establish life and support his companion in everything, and Andrei, no matter how Nastya denies, is still an arrogant husband.

He has never been hard-working, and has recently become less likely to come home. And Nastya tolerates boorish behavior and believes that Andrei will improve. In the meantime, her mother-in-law became a faithful and reliable friend for Nastya.

Andrey’s arrogant husband always told me how he wanted to play a magnificent wedding, and I just had to sign. But my partner insisted that the wedding be, and only luxurious. In the meantime, we have been saving for a wedding and for our own housing for three years. I work in an office, get a small salary, and Andrei is a realtor, his revenue depends on the deal.

Andrew never liked to strain, he always said that it is better to work less and get more money, but not vice versa. Now Andrew has a difficult time, no deals. He doesn't want to look for a new job. So I've been paying bills and renting our apartment for a year now. I understand that he needs to understand himself, and I gave him time to think about it, maybe he really wants to change his field of activity. I'm sure if I needed a break, he would have done the same.

Lyudmila Ivanovna is not my mother-in-law, but she has already become a best friend. I had a warm friendship with her. Lyudmila Ivanovna helps me a lot with advice, on weekends we drink tea and talk about life. Lyudmila Ivanovna is a wise woman, she treats me well and sometimes jokingly says that her son is not worthy of me.

Difficult relationship with mother Andrew with his mother almost does not communicate. He has accumulated many childhood resentments against his mother, visiting her rarely. And when I say that it would be nice to go to her, Andrey begins to wind up with a half-word: We lived in poverty, she gave me nothing. When the rest of the children went on excursions and to the sea, I sat at home while my mother was at work. I had a poor, unhappy childhood. I owe her nothing.”

Unfortunately, I have a difficult relationship with my mother. My father left us when I was little. Because of this, my mother began to touch the bottle. A couple of times I even had to drag her on my shoulders from some bar home because she was drunk to the point of losing her pulse. After studying at university, I got a job in another city and sometimes visit her. But anyway, she's my mom. I call her every day and worry about her. So I don’t understand why Andrew resents his mother because of some small things and does not want to communicate with her.

Now we have a strained relationship with him. Andrew has distanced himself from me, we do not walk together, we rarely communicate at home. I don't know what he does while I'm at work. Recently I was walking from work and saw Andrey with friends near the shopping center, he was under a degree in an embrace with some woman. I didn't come, but he saw me.

When Andrew returned, he went to bed. And in the morning, I asked him if he still wanted to build a family, save for housing and continue to live with me. Then he got angry and said that it was already difficult without work, he needed rest and had to live someday. Then he advised me to relax a little. But if I act like him, we'll have nothing to live on, because I'm the full supporter of our family now. He later realized he was wrong and apologized. A week later, I saw him again in the company of drunk friends and women. We had a big fight, and the next morning everything fell out of my hands. She was late for work, spilled coffee on herself, and at the end of the workman did not have time to cross the road to the green light. I was hit by a car.

I woke up in the hospital with a broken collarbone and a pair of ribs, my spine is broken, I can't move my legs. The doctors tried to calm me down and told me it would take up to a year for me to be able to walk. Lucky that the driver immediately called the ambulance and offered to pay for the entire course of treatment.

I didn’t have any money, and I didn’t want to waste time on litigation. The main thing was to heal quickly. The day I got to the hospital, I called Andrew. He didn't pick up the phone, and in the evening he wrote that he was tired at work. He never came to visit me. He said, “We can’t be together, I can’t take care of you, I’m sorry.”

But Lyudmila Ivanovna rushed as soon as she learned about what happened. She cried, cheered me up and cried again. I apologized for my son’s behavior. When I was discharged from the hospital, I was asked where I would live. I couldn't go back to Andrew, and my mother in the village needed support. I was not able to get there either.

Then Lyudmila Ivanovna, a kind person of the soul, offered to stay with her. I disagreed for a long time because I broke up with her son. But then it became clear that I had no choice. I could not get used to the infinite kindness of my failed mother-in-law. She didn’t owe me anything, but she genuinely cared about me, cooked food, and told me stories. When I started taking the first steps, we were happy with the success of the treatment. And then I slowly grew stronger and began to help Lyudmila Ivanovna around the house. We lived soul to soul.

I was wondering how to thank my savior. Lyudmila Ivanovna has an old two-bedroom apartment, which is very cold. She needed urgent repairs. I decided that I would save money and give Lyudmila Ivanovna a small gift as a token of gratitude for her care. But I couldn't get a job. And then something incredible happened.

The same driver called me and apologized for his absence for a very long time, all this time he was depressed, he could not forgive himself inattention behind the wheel. He asked how I was doing and if he could help. We talked, and I told him I was going to do some repairs.

It turned out that this man owned a construction business, he really wanted to make my life easier and offered me an apartment in a new building. I could not accept such a gift from a stranger. And then the driver said he was giving me the keys, so far it's just the keys, but in a year they're going to open a two-story house. In the meantime, I'll have time to think about accepting a gift.

Now Lyudmila Ivanovna and I live in a house, near a forest, and we tea on the veranda every day. And that driver never got behind the wheel again. It is amazing how terrible events are replaced by new pleasant moments in life.

Life’s wisdom and advice is made up of victories and defeats. Only after experiencing trouble, you can learn to appreciate the little things of life, the care of loved ones and exist in this imperfect world. Who knows what would have happened if Nastya had not been on the crossing that day? Sometimes troubles open our eyes to things we didn’t notice. We begin to appreciate every moment, get less upset when things don’t work out, and spend more time with those we care about.

Tags

See also

New and interesting