This New Year’s Eve I won’t be watching The Irony of Fate again, there are many other good films of that time.

I think good old movies are forever! I used to have a tradition: December 31 – no, not to gather with friends in the bath, as in the famous film, but to cut olives under the “Irony of Fate”. This film is definitely a masterpiece, but after at least 25 annual views, I can voice the film myself (I know every line by heart).

"It's time to change something!" I decided this year. Especially a lot of others. good Back then!

Today's edition. "Site" I have prepared for you, dear reader, a selection of excellent old-school For connoisseurs of Soviet cinema, who are tired of traditional New Year's films. No worse!

Good old movies

On May 18, 1958, the Golden Palm branch of the Cannes Film Festival received the Soviet film Cranes Fly. The film “Cranes Fly” was released on October 12, 1957 and became a real breakthrough in the film. cinematography.

“Cranes Fly” is a recognized masterpiece of world cinematic art, the merit of the creation of which belongs to all members of the film crew. The first prize of the highest technical commission of France went to the operator Sergei Urusevsky. Tatiana Samoilova was awarded a special diploma for the role of the heroine, the “Orange Tree” award. I will not retell the story, if I did not see it, I recommend it from the heart! For those who have seen it, I advise you to reconsider.

View this post on Instagram

Publication from Ivan (@prometheus5475)

"Girls." Old, kind and a little naive. I'm sure almost everyone saw him. By the way, I was very surprised to learn that Soviet critics met the film “Girls” cool. The painting was considered too “small and household”.

According to the director’s idea, the film was to become a multi-part series. The director wanted to tell in detail about the fate of each of the girls. But the film studio did not support the idea and did not follow. Already in the nineties, Svetlana Druzhinina spoke about the continuation, but this project also remained "hanging in the air."

Publication from Koolinar.ru. Author's recipes (@koolinarru)

The film, based on Tolstoy’s novel, became the first Soviet film to win the Academy Award. However, the production costs explain everything: the shooting took 6 years, and in some scenes thousands of extras were filmed.

Posted by Gavhar Alimovna Alaukhanova (@gavhar_alimovna)

The film “Ascent” directed by Larisa Shepitko is based on the novel by Vasil Bykov “Sotnikov”. The film tells about two guerrillas who come from different social status families: a village man Rybak and a modest mathematics teacher Sotnikov.

They are both captured by the Nazis. But how different their fates are... A film about duty, honor, invincibility of will. The film is interesting not only for the plot, but also for the presentation, which refers to the biblical story about Judas and Christ.

Posted by @historyian

"Ordinary Miracle" I love this two-part Soviet art television movie for its profound meaning. This is an adaptation of the magnificent play (1954) by Eugene Schwartz. The plot, the great cast and the game itself in this film at the highest level!

Let’s get in and sign up!! (@nikz201306)

“Moscow does not believe in tears” February 11, 1980 on the Soviet screens came the film by Vladimir Menshov scripted by Valentin Chernykh “Moscow does not believe in tears”, which became a super hit of our hire and received the award “Oscar” as the best foreign film of the year. I’m not going to tell you the story, I’m sure everyone knows and loves it.

Publication from GID B | on Moscow Anastasia (@anastasia.moscow.guide)

I also suggest to get acquainted with 10 domestic films that will give you a New Year’s mood. Charge the festive atmosphere!

All films from this collection are ready to review many times. Is this not a sign of the genius of the movie, when you want to watch it again and again, each time noticing and discovering something new?

I may have missed something, and I would be happy if you could add to this list in the comments! What good old days. filmmaker Do you have the most?

Tags

See also

New and interesting