Mom in Pavlovosad handkerchief brought $3,000, husband recently fired, but I doubted whether to take her money

For some, donate It's a real insult. As a slap in the face or a mockery of their social status. After all, in this case, the donor follows the easiest path and even more, as if to help the recipient financially. Not everyone likes that.

On the other hand, someone buys envelopes for money for weddings or birthdays. That’s just the money received in this way, have the property to quickly spend. And mostly all the unnecessary stuff. What to do is human nature multiplied by the psychology of consumerism. But sometimes it makes sense to stop and think: maybe just put an extra penny in the bank account?

I am already used to the fact that my job is to care for children and maintain a hearth in the house. As a child, she loved to study and finished school well. Then a year had to be spent learning about yourself and your aspirations. No, I didn't sit idly by. I worked for a small company, I wanted to feel some practice, to move away from the usual rote textbooks.

I realized that without higher education nowhere, and entered the Institute. My knowledge and hard work would be enough to finish it. But in my third year, I met Valentine. It was mutual attraction, passion and tender feelings. He didn’t take my time, he helped me with some things. But pregnancy put a fat cross on all my future plans.

We are both from poor families, so we had to rent an apartment at our own expense. Valya tried as hard as he could, worked to exhaustion and I had no complaints about him financially. But the school had to leave us both. There just wasn't enough time. Quietly signed, introduced parents to each other, and went home.

The happiest moment of my life was the birth of Marinka. At that moment I realized that I was not living in vain and for the sake of this pink lump I would try to eat urine. My husband was happy as a child. Unfortunately, the city is small, and to find a job, you either need to have a good education or acquaintance. Or, as with Valentine, plow like a horse.

Caring for a small child requires not only attention, but also a lot of money. You yourself understand: diapers, clothes, wheelchairs, mixtures. And that’s not even a third of what we’ve actually experienced. We took something from relatives, looked for some things in ads on the Internet. But that wasn't enough. My husband tried very hard, even helping me when he came home and stayed up. And I was drowning more and more in my mother's routine.

When Mariska turned 3, I looked at our family from the outside: a housewife who lost all her current knowledge, and a hard worker who never graduated from the institute. There was so much hope. Without any savings or even a decent plan for the future. Just people who have a baby.

Valya burned out. He no longer treated me like a passionate romantic and a beau. His shaved blue face was replaced by a dipped, bristling face. He started drinking and gained weight. Yes, and I stopped seeing a slim Thumbelina in the mirror: on what diet do you not sit, but without exercise you will not see slimness.

We didn't even fight. We just didn’t have enough emotions for that. It's not that I stopped respecting my husband; he didn't do anything wrong to me. But I stopped loving him. That's how it happens, my daughter's father doesn't make me feel any more.

And then he got fired, he got laid off. Here is another reason why I did not stop respecting him: he immediately went to look for another job, simultaneously finding all sorts of covens and khalturks. But the money was catastrophically lacking. We moved out of the old apartment, although we spent a lot of money on cosmetic repairs at the time. My mother-in-law took us in. In a small village near the city.

Although I do not consider myself a philistine lady, life in the countryside is complicated. If before I managed to somehow diversify my life, now time stretched like tar. Sometimes you have to do hard work around the house. You had to cook more, clean up, wash and everything. My mother-in-law, though not evil, still supported my son more than I did. But she's a man of that temper, thanks at least for helping with the living space.

Recently my mother came to visit us. It's all wrapped up, it's winter. Brought some presents, Marinke candy. I talked to my mother-in-law, my husband was at work. And then she took me to our room and handed me a neatly wound handkerchief. There was money in it. $3,000, the money is huge for us.

- Here's everything my dad and I could get together. Take it, but don't show it to anyone. Please manage them wisely.
- Mom, thank you, but what about you?
- We'll live someday. Daughter, you need it. To live in such a remote place is the limit.
- Thanks, I'll get it back! We will, I promise.
- Be quiet. I can't help you anymore, I told you, settle down and do whatever you want. I didn't listen, but now...

Then she left and I left to hang up the laundry. The scarf was always in my pocket.

I still have the money. It's been a few days. The amount is huge, but it requires me a huge responsibility in making the right decision. If I tell my husband, I’m afraid he’s just missing some money, we’ll eat some more, the rest will disappear by itself. I can't say I'm a bad wife. And the man, too.

But we're living like this! Maybe wait for better times and add them to some amount to get out of this financial swamp. Or listen to your female nature and give everything to a strong man: will he invest somewhere to make a profit? I remember his mind and talent in the past. I feel like a dog in the manger, and I can’t do anything with myself.

Tags

See also

New and interesting