At the anniversary at the svatya, the daughter announced that she was expecting a child, but, as it turned out, it was a surprise only for me.

Lyudmila Sergeyevna recently found out that she will become a grandmother. She had dreamed of it for a long time and could not even think that such a thing gladness It might upset her. How this is possible and what happened in the family of the main character, read further in the article.

The good news is that my daughter got married a few years ago. Since then, our relationship with her has deteriorated. And all thanks to my stilt Tatiana. Who would have thought a daughter-in-law would be so close to her mother-in-law? So much so that they forget about their mother.

I'm not being dramatic, believe me. Olya was already buzzing my ears: Aunt Tanya this, Aunt Tanya se. She spends all the time with her, goes shopping, discusses just everything. All the holidays the daughter and her husband celebrate with his mother. In the spring and summer they almost live at home!

Yes, I understand that I don’t have a country house where you can invite all your friends and have a picnic in nature. Is that not a reason to talk to your mother? I know almost nothing about my daughter. When I call her to talk, she's always busy. There's always an excuse. And then it turns out that Olga was with her mother-in-law again.

Someone might say I’m just jealous. But recently there was a situation that does not climb into any gate. Svatya had an anniversary, the whole family gathered for the holiday. Of course I was invited. I have prepared a generous gift for Tatiana, well prepared for the celebration. For some time, even in a beauty salon.

I admit that I really wanted to make a good impression on my relatives. We haven’t seen each other since our kids’ wedding. And my daughter wanted to like it. It is with trepidation that I remember how well we had together before. They could talk about everything for hours. What now?

When the noisy feast was nearing completion, my Olga decided to make a toast. She thanked her mother-in-law for everything she did for her. She told me how much she loved her. And then the good news came, as if by accident. I was told I was going to be a grandmother.

Of course, at first I was very happy, because I had long dreamed of grandchildren. But after a few seconds, the joy turned into a terrible grief. It turned out that almost everyone around had known for a long time that Olga was pregnant. Even my father-in-law's stepfather!

I couldn’t believe that Olga had told her mother about such an important event. I could barely restrain myself so that I wouldn’t burst into tears at the table and immediately go home. It hurt me before to realize that Ola and I had drifted apart. But it goes beyond all boundaries.

In general, I was seriously offended by my daughter and decided not to communicate with her for a while. Only here my absence in my life Olya did not even notice. I haven't called her in over a month, but she hasn't been in touch. Like she doesn't need me at all. I don't know what to do. Is it possible that the mother-in-law became more important to her daughter-in-law than her own mother?

We understand how Lyudmila Sergeevna feels and why she was offended by her daughter. But can this problem be solved with silence? Maybe it's worth talking to Olga, understanding why she's drifting away, and doing whatever it takes to fix it. Everything has a reason, right?

I wonder what would you do in the place of Lyudmila Sergeevna? Boldly share your ideas in the comments!

Tags

See also

New and interesting