My son asked me to sit with my grandchildren for a week, all told me how to properly rock them, but I don’t have time for such nonsense.

“I have small grandchildren whom I love very much. Mashenka is 6 years old, and Vanya is not even a year old. A couple of weeks ago, my son brought me grandchildren and asked me to look after them for a couple of days, says Alla. She is already 65 years old, and Alla Vasilyevna enjoys spending time with her son’s children. And this time, asking to look after the kids turned into torture.

Since the birth of Mary, I have not often visited children. I have a strained relationship with my daughter-in-law, although we seem to communicate normally. The thing is, every time I offered my help, Lena always found a reason to say no. At first I was upset, and then I decided not to interfere with their family. If they have to, they'll ask.

Suddenly, my son called me tonight. Lena became unwell, she went to the hospital in an ambulance, and her son followed her by car. He brought me kids on the way. I didn’t mind, everything happens in life. We are family, why not help? It turned out that Lena remained under the supervision of doctors for a week. My son works and goes to visit Lena every day, so I have the kids on me.

With the children, Vova brought some children's things with toys and a fitness ball. I did not understand at first what it was for, and then Vova said that Vanechka falls asleep only if he is rocked on an inflated ball. In a hurry, he left everything, quickly told what to feed, and left. My son called me again to make sure I didn’t forget. I've calmed him down, not the first time I've dealt with children. She said I would handle it.”

Disgruntled sister-in-law: After 4 days, when Lena felt better, she called me and asked me how we were doing. I was very worried about whether Vanya was sleeping well, whether I was putting him to bed and what I was feeding. I said the first night was the hardest. Vanya screamed so that the neighbors ran away, almost called the police. But then I stroked him, lulled him in my arms, and he fell asleep without any balls.

There was no time to pump a ball on the first night like this. The children had to be watched every second. And this is the first time I've ever heard a child sleep without a ball. I honestly confessed to my daughter-in-law that I consider the ball stupid, and advised her, since her grandson falls asleep without the ball, not to accustom him to the ball again.

I fed the kids to everyone in the house. Grated on a small grater fruit puree with pleasure ate and granddaughter and grandson. Lena did not believe that I managed to put my grandson to bed without any devices. A week and a half later Lena came for the children. Instead of thanking me for my help, my sister-in-law accused me of not following her rules.

I was outraged by this behavior, we quarreled a little. Since then, there has been no question of leaving my grandchildren. I spend energy on them, it is not easy for me to cope, and in return I get only discontent. The only thing that upsets me is that I want to communicate with the kids, but Lena ignores it, and I am not invited to visit.

From the editorial office Alla Vasilievna immediately agreed to help the children, it was convenient or not, the woman understood that, except for her, in this situation, no one can help. Instead of thanking her, they paid her back. Yes, it is better not to introduce their own rules to the upbringing of grandchildren, but could Alla Vasilievna do otherwise? Did she want to hurt her own grandchildren or upset her daughter-in-law? Probably not.

Tags

See also

New and interesting