Hila's daughter-in-law dragged a bunch of wood herself, I saw it was hard for her, but I decided not to help.

Wrong opinion A person can get along with anyone. Especially if there is an undesirable background. Then the bias is practically assured. It is a shame, because such an approach is often unjustified and strangers develop completely unambiguous relationships. It is even worse if these people are relatives.

In this case, the character of the person becomes the decisive factor. His plasticity and ability to admit his mistakes. It's easy to just insist on your own, even if you see that you're wrong. But accept your mistake and develop, even if the already damaged relationship, you need to be able to do it.

My husband and I recently got married. Pretty early marriage by today's standards: at 20. Despite the fact that I was born in the village and moved to it again from the city 5 years ago, I do not like stereotypes. God gave me a bunny and a lawn. Getting married after school and so on. You have to make money when you're young. And the rest will come.

So, the young married, settled in a rented apartment and began their new adult life. Despite the fact that I never heard any complaints from my son about everyday life, I understood: now he is so sad. Due to the situation around the world, many businesses and families have been affected by this pandemic.

There is not enough money, and finding a good job is even harder than before. My husband and I live in a warm, big house. So we decided: the daughter is still too young, when she begins her studies at the institute, she will move to the city. That's clear. But it's hard for my son right now. We need more money, more health. We need to support the family.

So we decided that he and his wife would come to us. There is enough space here, there is all the more modern equipment, gas, hot water. The firewood should only be carried to the bath. But that's a good thing. The husband calls logging for the bath "physical culture", even lost a little weight. All that remains: a little help with money for food, and with cooking to help. It is not easy for me to feed so many people.

Then the daughter-in-law will come in handy. But that moment was pretty unclear to me. In the sense that I just couldn’t talk to a girl about any household topics. She is such a person, you know, not of this world. Very thin, pale skin, blonde hair. Some mysterious smile and a strange glint in his eyes. No, she's normal, don't think about it. But there are people. She should be a poet or an artist. I always imagined them to be that way.

And Marina is an orphan. I knew that from the beginning, my son shared. And there was no mystery about it. More like an uncomfortable circumstance. No one taught her housework. Cooking, cleaning. None of this was close to her. I'm, you know, a housewife. It's not that I like cleaning with a rag every other day, but my husband and kids can't be hungry. My personal rule and understanding of life.

And I started teaching Marina how to be a housewife. It was, frankly, bad. The soup ran off the stove, even though it was in the kitchen. Peeling potatoes is easier to throw away. The skin is thick in a finger, some peas pour into the pan, although there were normal tubers. A broom of revenge does not know, and the vacuum cleaner simply does not remain. He probably weighs half her.

But she tried. I admit that. However, when your child is 12 years old trying to learn how to cook and he does not succeed, it looks amazing. And when the wife of the only son does not know that rice should be washed before cooking, there are questions, bewilderment and quite tangible bewilderment. And he's following you around, curious.

One afternoon, I washed all my household clothes, took my laundry outside to dry, and went to drink tea myself. I like to brew everything from ordinary herbs. Shop teas I don't like very much: not natural, with dye, expensive and a kind of sweet smell. I see Marina carrying wood in her arms. And the logs are not chipped, knotty, and they weigh normally.

I was wondering where she was taking them. Men prick firewood. And I would never allow myself to demand such feats from my daughter-in-law. Before she had time to hide behind the turn, she fell. I was hurt, apparently, somehow got wrong on a stone in the grass. Well, firewood one way, it's the other. I look up, look around, see if anyone saw it. Well, the chick must learn to fly on his own without my help. It's okay.

After half an hour my son arrived. I thought it was his sister-in-law who kicked him out of work. But no, he called her before and asked her to bring some firewood, he needed to load them into the car very quickly. I got in it and left. I'm kind of uncomfortable. All the next evening and half the next day, Marina did not leave the room.

The daughter-in-law liked it, they spent a lot of time together. They told each other all kinds of nonsense. It was from her that I learned that Marina was seriously injured. My leg was swollen after the fall, even if there was no fracture. That's when I started to worry. I went to my daughter-in-law's room with bandages and water. Really, dislocated. I rewinded it, brought some food. Marina looked at me with her strange look and I realized it was a look of gratitude. God, we're so different.

I haven't complained about my daughter-in-law since. She's my daughter now. I began to notice that Marina is actually doing something all the time. But you can't see her in the house. The daughter will ask for help with the lessons - she is here. My son will ask for something. It'll help here. Don't think we're not making her a maid. Nope.

But I can see her trying. Never refuses to help. And yes, cooking is better. She doesn't have to be a cook. My son will certainly not be hungry. Here we go. My view of things has changed a lot now. I realized that our daughter-in-law is a very good person. But with its own distinctiveness. I hope they do well. My father and I will always help. We have to live together.

Tags

See also

New and interesting