I didn't come to my mother-in-law's anniversary because of the dog, so now they don't even want to talk to me.

“A week ago, I missed my mother-in-law’s anniversary celebration. Then I didn’t go for a very good reason, but my mother-in-law still doesn’t understand how important it was for me to stay that day with my dog.

People treat our smaller brothers differently. But when a person gets a dog, he promises himself at any time to be near, take care of and treat his pet. Such devotion to a four-legged friend is not clear to everyone. It was on this basis that a conflict arose between the mother-in-law and Lilya.

Irina Nikolaevna believes that on her birthday I should have left my best friend, for whom I am responsible, at home. She wanted me to come to her house and pretend like everything was fine. My husband and I live an hour from my mother-in-law. And already with Irina Nikolaevna we have quite strained relations.

In addition, the mother-in-law is a very powerful woman. She believes she is always right and that me and her son should always heed her unsolicited advice. My husband was lucky. It so happened that Yura took me as a wife without the blessing of my mother-in-law. She was strongly against our union. In general, Irina Nikolaevna believes that Yura is too young to get married.

Every year my husband and I go to our mother-in-law’s birthday party. But the preparation for the holiday begins long before the gathering of guests. In about a week, we have to buy groceries so that Irina Nikolaevna makes a menu. And when she makes it, on the eve of her birthday, I have to help her cook. How to help – do everything yourself for her. The mother-in-law walks around the house and gives instructions.

This year I could not go to her, which is why I listened to a lecture about disrespect and rudeness in my address. Just before my mother-in-law's birthday, my dog got sick. The veterinarian warned that it would take some time to put Tosha IVs twice a day. Tosha is no longer young, I was very worried about him and decided not to go anywhere, even at work took a couple of vacations.

My husband was worried too, but someone had to bring food and help my mom. We agreed with him that this time Yura will congratulate his mother and try to explain everything to her. On X-Day, I called my mother-in-law and congratulated her on the phone. A few days later, my mother-in-law calls me and says he expects me to apologize.

Like, I'm so unscrupulous and my dog is more expensive than my family. Irina Nikolaevna does not understand that I live with a dog longer than my husband. And no one but me can help Tosha when he's sick. It's my duty. We didn't get along with my mother-in-law and she's still mad at me. I don’t know if I’m happy or sad about it.

It is difficult to find a common language with a person who is brought up differently, thinks differently and treats animals differently. For some animals, alas, only a detail of the interior. But for many, they are friends who remain faithful throughout their short lives. We are happier when we see our pets and always want them to live as long as possible. But without our help, the pet cannot help itself.

Selfish mother-in-law used to arrange a holiday with the hands of her daughter-in-law. Of course, she was outraged that she had to do everything herself. In the eyes of her friends, Lilya became a daughter-in-law who does not respect her husband's mother. But sometimes people have to be left with their opinions and accept that it is impossible to be on good terms with everyone.

Tags

See also

New and interesting