I asked my daughters to help pay for the communal housing, and the next day they came to my house, but not to give money.

Sometimes the attitude of children to elders can be shocking. Especially when an older parent needs the help of an older child, and nothing in return. Literally. Irina Petrovna experienced bitterness of resentment and a sense of confusion when her own children refused to lend a helping hand.

Family and children Irina Petrovna was very proud of her family. She raised her daughters in love and care. Her husband was her loyal friend and support. And thanks to his hard work and desire to provide family to all relatives Irina Petrovna little in need.

But time passed. Everything changed. Irina Petrovna was left without her husband, and her daughters grew up and left. One of them started a family and is now the mother of twins. And the second daughter married, but with grandchildren is not in a hurry. From time to time, they visited Irina Petrovna in her three-room apartment and discussed the latest news.

The last months for Irina Petrovna have been difficult. Utilities prices were rising and pensions were scarce. We also had to spend money on food. Realizing that she could not cope herself, Irina Petrovna for the first time in her life called her daughters asking for help.

Surprisingly, both daughters said they could not help their mother. They don’t have enough money themselves. So Irina Petrovna will have to somehow get out herself. She did not expect such a response from her two daughters. She was already thinking of borrowing money from her neighbor when she returns from her son in a couple of days. But the next day, guests came to Irina Petrovna.

Her daughter’s daughters came to her to discuss her mother’s financial situation. They asked Irina Petrovna again about her problems and immediately put forward a proposal:

- Mommy, how's the idea for you to sell your trench and buy one? With the money you will be able to pay yourself for a long time!

Peels Irina Petrovna could not believe her ears.

- What are you? I put so much energy into this apartment, Irina Petrovna was more and more amazed by her daughters. Your father and I lived here all our lives. This is where you grew up.

- Think about it. Why do you need so many rooms? You pay more for heating than you actually need. I would live in a one-bedroom apartment. The bills will get smaller. And it'll be cozy.

- Not even discussed, — negatively shook the head Irina Petrovna. I’ve asked you for help once in my life, and instead you’re asking me to get rid of my beloved home.

Soon the daughters left Irina Petrovna. The woman cried. She was very sad to know that none of her children could even lend a little money. Worst of all, the problem remains unresolved. Even if a neighbor gives her money to pay for utilities, this will not help solve the lack of money.

Peels Irina Petrovna thought that it is worth starting to rent one room. Yes, she will have to make room and get used to a new person. But what if the attitude of children to elders leaves no choice? And how does she behave with the children now? Because now she felt betrayed.

The attitude of children to elders - the result is it worthwhile to perceive the proposal of the daughters of Irina Petrovna as a manifestation of indifference? Is the mother right to offend the children? What else can be done in the situation of Irina Petrovna?

Tags

See also

New and interesting