We rent a house with my husband, and his parents dared to arrange an apartment for their youngest daughter.

“I never wanted to live at anyone’s expense. When my husband and I got married, we always shared a budget together. After the wedding, I didn’t quit my job, we started renting, and sometimes I had to take part-time jobs so we didn’t need anything. The injustice of life is that, although we do not ask anyone for help, the mother-in-law decided to rewrite her “extra” apartment for her younger daughter, says Nastya.

“I’ve never spent a lot of money on myself.” Misha once asked if I wanted to be a housewife, which I would never sign up for. It is better to earn a modest salary, but not to sit around anyone’s neck. My husband is exactly the same. Sometimes he has force majeure at work, and I agree to take extra work over the weekend so we have money. We are partners and support each other in difficult situations.

Without their housing is tight, most of the earnings are spent on paying bills and rent. We don’t want to live in a home, we will never feel at home. For the same reason, we are in no hurry to have children. Landlords are different meet, I have repeatedly come across such that evicted from the apartment without warning, just because they wanted to.

There are no guarantees on rented housing, prices for everything are growing, the cost of rent is rising, and you want at least some stability in your years. My husband’s parents rented two one-room apartments for a while. In old age, they decided to insure themselves, have additional income. We understood this perfectly well, pensions are now not comparable to inflated prices, so we did not ask our parents to allow us to live in one of the apartments and save on rent. In addition, these people saved most of their lives to ensure a comfortable old age, this is worthy of respect.

And recently I learned that one of the apartments to rent stopped, and are going to rewrite it on the younger sister Misha. I don’t understand why they treated their son so unfairly. Both Misha and his sister are legitimate heirs, why not divide the inheritance equally? Since the parents decided that the daughter deserves such a generous gift, why is Misha left with nothing?

It turns out that the daughter lives on everything ready, while the son is humpling in a low-paid job and trying to make ends meet. Is that fair? Is that what loving parents do? While the daughter will live beautifully in her own apartment, we will be forced to give money for housing without repair to strangers.

Misha knew I was going to get angry and didn’t tell me the news for a long time. We've already borrowed a refrigerator because this apartment doesn't have one, we had to buy a closet because there's no furniture. My husband’s parents are in no hurry to help us. My relatives live in the village, sometimes they bring food, help as much as they can. And the father-in-law is indifferent to us, and they think that we will cope with everything ourselves.

But the mother-in-law always asks when we will please their grandchildren. We are already married to Misha for the fifth year, and we do not think about children. We won’t be thinking soon, apparently. By the way, partly through their fault, we cannot have a child under these conditions.

It hurts me that my parents treat us this way. I had the courage to voice my thoughts on this matter to my mother-in-law and her daughter, so they told me that I am selfish and only think about money. I haven't spoken to them since. My husband's relationship has also deteriorated, and he's angry that I've been out of my business.

I don't understand why he doesn't talk to his parents. Does he not see that his parents are being unfair to him? Or does not want to seem weak, because in their family there is a patriarchy, and the son is ashamed to ask elderly parents for something. The son always helps his parents fix something in their house, but all the gifts and love go to the younger sister.”

Everyone has the right to dispose of their property as they wish. Anastasia’s mistake was that she began to apply for housing, while her husband did not insist on the help of his parents. Perhaps they raised him to be independent and proud, perhaps this is how strong and independent men are raised in this family. Who knows. Getting involved with your spouse is not a good idea if you want to live peacefully with them. Isn't it? Was she right to talk to her mother-in-law?

Tags

See also

New and interesting