Grandma found out that the grandson is going to evict her from the apartment, immediately quickly sold it

Sometimes all a man has left is his dream. For some, it can be grandiose, how to make a person fly or cure a particularly dangerous disease. Others need little: a little human warmth, a good friend, a little time. But dream It has to be.

And if you go to it, no matter what, the chances that it will come true are very high. Just don't think of dreams as intangible, ghostly. We need to make her a target. And every day, step by step, we get closer to it. A relative of our reader forgot about her dream and almost missed it.

You know, there are such typical grandmothers who sit near the entrance and discuss politics, youth, food prices and gardening? I know, too. But my husband's grandmother is not like that. A woman over 70, with her mind, perfectly preserved and without any "blinkered" views of the world.

She lives alone in a two-bedroom apartment and is interested in art and the opposite sex. Don't think about it, she just likes men's attention. In short, she's a typical philistine. But she has three sons. Unfortunately, one of them did not have comfortable living conditions.

He lives with his mother-in-law, wife and two children in a typical Soviet Khrushchev. Although three-bedroom, this apartment is not in the best area. Need repairs, equipment, and soundproofing would be good to change. I don't know if his wife and mother-in-law drink every day, but for two years he's been asking his grandmother to give up her apartment to his family.

Look, nursing homes are not the way they are shown on TV. You will find new acquaintances there, you will not be bored. And my kids need a free space, a place to study. Get in position, Grandma. But “Grandma” always remained at her own: what should she do among the old and sick people, if she feels great? She's still interested in this life.

But recently my brother-in-law's wife took matters into her own hands. She began to come and ask for a visit. "Kapala" on the brain, pressed on pity, just asked. And Grandma couldn't take it. She stopped communicating with relatives and started her life. I've read some motivational books. And... Sold the apartment.

She kept the money with her. This money was enough for her dream: a trip to China. Grandma invited her family to the restaurant. But only those who didn't ask her to move into a nursing home. My husband and I, too. It was goodbye. We were sad, because the woman is still wow, and her character is strong, punchy. But it's her decision.

But we switched contacts to connect online. Just talk or help in the future. And she flew away. Life went on and we somehow stopped contacting each other.

Now I am telling you from the words of my husband. Turns out Grandma called him recently. No complaining, no asking for help. Just share the news. It turned out that her sacred dream was empty. She did not like China at all. No, she learned a lot, went to the Great Wall. But everything was foreign to her.

One day, while she was sitting in a cafe and thinking about how to get home, a man of quite a mature age hooked up with her. Turns out he went to Europe 30 years ago. Jew, widower. Very interesting and now lives in Italy. One meeting, the other, and Grandma realized it wasn't going to end that easily. And she was right.

Jacob invited her to visit him, but it was clear that he liked his grandmother very much. He called the children on Skype and introduced them to his chosen one. Now it's about a real wedding.

Grandma doesn't want to go home. Not because of any climatic or economic discomfort. She just doesn’t want to be a walking credit card for her grandchildren. On the one hand, she has already forgiven them, and on the other, as they say, there is a sediment left. Now all conversations are online.

I don't know how this is going to end, but I think it's going to be okay. When an adult, intelligent person takes the situation into his own hands, he will definitely succeed. You just need to look at things through the prism of your common sense and understand that in this world you have to help yourself. Grandkids have their lives, and you have yours. And you need to live it for your pleasure. I hope that in due time I will have the courage to do such a thing.

Tags

See also

New and interesting