I pass ripe feijoa through the meat grinder so that the family does not sneeze all autumn, winter and spring.

“How do you eat feijoa?” I asked a friend from Abkhazia. I read on the Internet that this beautiful green fruit is a real vitamin bomb. And it's amazingly delicious. Once upon a time, working in the capital, I saw how the head of the office of our bank weaved feijoa with pleasure, scraping the middle with a teaspoon, and throwing away the rest.

Maybe that’s when I decided that feijoa was the way to eat it, and then I did it myself. Well, my friend from the Black Sea coast sent me a question last year. jamThe way she cooks it.

Today's edition. "Site" sharefeijoa jam. It turns out just an unearthly taste, it's just a pure source of iodine!

The taste of feijoa at the same time resembles strawberries with notes of pineapple and light sourness. Feijoa season It starts from the end of September, but in our stores it is most often found from the end of October to January.

My friend advises eating this fruit fresh, whole with skin. If they are mature, they are very sweet! You can also harvest feijoa for the winter in the form of jam, but the most useful is simply to twist this exotic fruit with sugar. So more vitamins are preserved and the color green remains.

Well, this recipe from a friend I'll definitely make as soon as I find it in the feijoa store.

The ingredients
  • 1.5 kg feijo
  • 1kg kiwi
  • 1.5 kg of oranges
  • 2 lemons
  • 2kg of sugar

Preparation
  1. All fruits should be thoroughly washed. Cut off the tops and bottom of the feijoa fruit. Cut the feijoa into pieces.

2. Kiwis, lemons and oranges peel and cut in pieces.

3. Pass all the fruit through a meat grinder or whip a blender until uniform. Add sugar to the fruit. Stir well until all the sugar dissolves.

4. Perel. jam. Keep healthy sweets in the refrigerator. You can also pour jam into containers and freeze. Bon appetit!

The advice of the editorial board A also suggest familiarizing yourself with the rules for choosing tasty persimmon. For the preparation of jams, jam, excellent salads and sauces, bright pastries, unusual pancakes, incredibly delicious desserts and drinks!

How eat feijo? Who cares? You can enjoy this rich iodine and vitamin C fruit to the fullest extent if you cut the berry in half and have a juicy flesh with a spoon. You can also make jam from it. Well, pieces of feijoa can be added to salads, tea and compote to give a savory taste.

Personally, I like to add cheesecakes or pancakes to feijoa jam or spread it on bread and butter. I also use it as a piece of cake. But the latter is still rarer.

Do you like this exotic fruit? How do you usually eat it: raw or jam?

Tags

See also

New and interesting