Mom wanted to go to a nursing home, and she likes it, but my conscience is tormented.

What are boarding homes for the elderly and why is it time to dispel the terrible myths about monstrous nursing homes? That’s what I suggest we talk about today. But first of all, we want to share a story from the life of our reader, who helped my mother settle in the boarding house, and find out your opinion about her act.

It is strange that our society still perceives boarding homes for the elderly as something terrible. Whereas throughout Europe, such institutions have long been part of the normal way of life.

My mother wanted to go to a boarding school as soon as she turned 60. To say that it surprised me is to say nothing. She still leads a rather active lifestyle. There are no serious health problems, thank goodness. Simply put, she absolutely does not need to be constantly under someone’s supervision.

However, I did not discourage my mother. She's been living in a private home for a year now, and she likes it. She has entertainment, friends, and even a new love, which made me especially happy. Dad passed away 10 years ago, and until that time my mother never fully recovered from this loss. So it's going pretty well.

And yet, despite the fact that my mother is happy to live in a boarding school, I am ashamed to admit to my relatives that I left her alone. I know their reaction to this news. Immediately begin to pour reproaches, they say, ungrateful daughter and how dare I even go for it.

So far, I have been avoiding contact with relatives. I rarely and briefly answer phone calls. When it comes to my mom, I'm translating. But this can not continue for long, in the end you will have to confess everything.

I don't understand why I'm so concerned about this when my mom is happy. What can I do to get rid of the intrusive guilt?

What advice would you like to share with our heroine? Do not hesitate to express your thoughts on the topic in the comments!

Tags

See also

New and interesting