This technique has become a trend again. If you know what I mean, get the threads out!

Once upon a time, when I was still 8 years old, being in the country, I found in the attic a forgotten, but quite interesting thing, woven from threads. I brought it into the house and asked what it was.

As it turned out, it was kashpo. This technique in my student years tried to master my mother, but then abandoned, and a pity.

For a long time, I haven’t heard much about this type of craftsmanship. But now, like many crafts and traditional techniques, makrame is experiencing a renaissance. And not just a revival, but a whole creative boom. In 2017, the use of interior products made in this technique became incredibly fashionable and popular.

In one of the social networks I came across the profile of a talented girl from Arizona, who actively contributes to the revival of makrame.

Emily Katz founded Modern Macrame and actively teaches people this kind of needlework. She also writes a blog, which shows interesting examples of the use of makrame in modern interiors.

Lisbon! My weekend of workshops hosted by @oapartamento are live on the site! June 3rd and 4th. Plant hanger, wall hanging, and advanced with color! Also, Seattle and NYC still have spots open. Link in profile! LONDON, AMSTERDAM, COPENHAGEN workshops are coming soon!

Posted by Emily Katz (@emily_katz) April 5 2017 at 3:31 PDT

Weaving Makrame Editorial "Site" I have prepared for you ideas of application macramé in interior design. I can't stand to see this magnificence!

1. Without makrama does not do almost any interior created in the ethnicity. Such items are decorated with all kinds of fringe, brushes, add wooden and metal beads or stylized pendants to the weaving.
    Lisbon! My workshop comes to you Tomorrow! June 3rd. With @oapartamento I'll be teaching a mied wall hanging workshop for beginners and advanced students. Also teaching this weekend, @earlofeastlondon will be sharing their candle making workshop. Today is your last chance to sign up! Details on the website! Modernmacrame.com Portugal, here we come!!! #macrametour #modernmacrameworkshop

Posting by Emily Katz (@emily_katz) June 2 2017 at 1:49 PDT

2. This technique also becomes an indispensable addition to the country style. It's wonderful, isn't it?
    Last chance to sign up for Sunday's macramé wall hanging class this Sunday in COPENHAGEN!!!! Link in profile...

Posting by Emily Katz (@emily_katz) May 26, 2017 at 7:41 PDT

3. Without products made in knot technique, there can be no popular direction of boho. In the Boho interior, you can use such knitted.
    I'm currently in Copenhagen, but one of my amazing helpers, @karajeansee woke up early in Seattle to install these 15' tall macramé plant hangers for a private client. Terrariums by @espefloral - Also, I'm looking to teach in STOCKHOLM!!!! May 21st. And I need a location... anyone have suggestions?

Posting by Emily Katz (@emily_katz) May 5, 2017 at 9:47 PDT

4. Makramé can be found in houses in Scandinavian style. These products are loved for their concise and at the same time very attractive appearance.
    MINNEAPOLIS!! I'm coming at you on January 28th to teach two workshops at the @witanddelight_ studio! Come learn how to name a plant hanger in one class and a wall hanging in the other. Snacks provided by @damicocatering Sign up at modernmacrame.com

Posting by Emily Katz (@emily_katz) Jan 17 2017 at 9:46 PST

And here's another wonderful example of using makrame in the nursery.

5. One of the most fashionable styles of our time is the loft. Here you can find interesting things in macrama.
    ANCHORAGE, ALASKA! I'm headed your way on March 12th for a day of workshops at Palette Artspace. Sign up at modernmacrame.com

Posting by Emily Katz (@emily_katz) Feb 9 2017 at 11:24 PST

Designers create just amazing lampshades for future lamps.

Portland!! Come learn to make a macramé chandelier on April 2nd in my Portland Studio! It comes with all you need, including a color cord light! Sign up at modernmacrame.com —————It’s a slightly more advanced workshop, but beginners are welcome too! Photo by @philchester at @unionpine --- Also our workshops in Los Angeles, Seattle, AND NYC are LIVE on the site! Woot!

Posting by Emily Katz (@emily_katz) Mar 14 2017 at 1:20 PDT

6. Here's one. macramé complement the interior of the kitchen in the style of Provence or will be an elegant accessory in the living room.

This is amazing.

I'm bringing back #myinspiredfriends on this gray Monday where I'm sharing cool women owned businesses to support. ---- I met @marrowfine_ at one of my workshops in San Diego a few years back, and the connection was immediate. We just didn't know what or how we would do something together. And still, who knows! When in LA recently we met up and designed this beautiful turquoise ring together. The turquoise was given to me by my dad, and I wanted to make something special with it to remind me that we are all worthy of love, and that there is beauty in the world. I'm helping her spread the word, and on this Super full moon that speaks of release and offering, she's gifting you 25% off all the jewelry on her site for the net 72 hours with code: SUPERMOON -------- I know this post isn't political, but it is about supporting women businesses owned, and voting with our dollars which is a way to vote every day... #loveyourbones

Posting by Emily Katz (@emily_katz) Noah 14 2016 at 11:09 PST

I think you can admire this beauty forever! This type of needlework gives an opportunity to show imagination and implement the most daring creative ideas.

Editorial Board
Makrame technique is a great opportunity to give the interior individuality. Try to create a few things in knot technique. That's so wonderful! Tomorrow is your last chance to sign up for the SEATTLE workshops this Saturday with @homesteadseattle They are opening those NEW plant shop the net day, and workshop participants get first dibs on plants AND 20% off plants too. Sign up on the site in profile. And you might even get to meet Donut...

Posted by Emily Katz (@emily_katz) April 6 2017 at 4:24 PDT

Choose a simple design for your first project. You can start by weaving bracelets, which will be a good start in mastering makrame.

I hope you were inspired by this article. Rather, share these ideas with your friends, perhaps they will also have a desire to do something with their own hands.

Tags

See also

New and interesting