Oxolin ointment is a threat! That’s why you should throw it out of the first aid kit and never buy it again.

When I was a kid, my grandmother used to smear my nose with oxolin ointment. As soon as they said that an epidemic was beginning, my grandmother immediately used her miracle remedy. I hated it, but there was nowhere to go. And the worst thing is that I was still sick, so my suffering was in vain.

Oxolin ointment is used constantly. Admit it, you do it, too. But Is it possible to smear the nose with oxolin ointment? Editorial "Site" will answer that question.

It is worth starting with the fact that the effectiveness of this ointment has not been proven at all. No studies have been conducted in this area. Of course, no one checked Vishnevsky sulfur ointment and ointment, only on their side many years of experience in using, proving the effectiveness of these simple means.

Many doctors compare the effect of oxolin with the placebo effect. It won't make any difference if you smear your nose with a regular cream or oxolin ointment. And then begin to crumble arguments like: “Oxolin ointment is the first means to protect against viruses. It perfectly moisturizes the nasal mucosa, and no viruses will pass.” Except it's totally unfounded. Oxolin ointment contains Vaseline, and it does not moisturize at all, but just the opposite.

In addition, Vaseline is a fatty base of the ointment, namely, it is much easier to stick to dust particles. During epidemics, they are the best way to spread airborne infections. Oxolin ointment dries the mucous membrane, as a result of which bleeding crusts can form. From this it is difficult to conclude that the ointment is able to protect against viruses.

Remember that the best protection against viruses is proper nutrition, healthy sleep, walking, exercising and strengthening immunity with all your strength. Everyone knows the rules, nothing new, but they work always and flawlessly.

Among other things, oxolin ointment is an inducer of interferon. In turn, interferon is a protein that helps the body fight viruses. Many countries are abandoning use of interferon inducersBecause they weaken immunity. WHO believes that taking antiviral drugs forms resistance to them, and this leads to the fact that even with the simplest operations there are serious consequences.

In other countries, you will not find it on pharmacy shelves, and this makes you wonder whether it should be used at all. Doctors strongly recommend to abandon this ointment, and we fully agree with them. Despite a long habit, it would be time to throw your favorite oxolink from the first aid kit. Take care of yourself and your health!

What do you think about that? Do you want to throw away the oxolin ointment or continue to use it? Share with us in the comments!

Tags

See also

New and interesting