Causes of skin diseases and their treatment in Oriental medicine
Ninety million five hundred forty thousand three hundred eighty nine
Leather – business card of our body. Through it you can safely judge the state of human health. Skin rashes, flaking and talc'm not just talking about the disturbed metabolism in the body, but also of overwork or nervous strain, wrong diet and lifestyle. The skin's appearance and condition: color, firmness, elasticity – changeable and related to the condition of the body.
Our skin performs many functions: it protects internal organs from mechanical damage and exposure to chemicals, purges poisons via sweat and sebaceous glands. It participates in General metabolism water, mineral, nitrogen, carbon, vitamin. The last plays a huge role in the life of the skin.
The main non-infectious skin diseases include allergic reactions, viral dermatoses, trust, acne vulgaris, hyperhidrosis, excessive sweating (most often due to functional disorders of the nervous system), red lupus, lichen planus, pyoderma (pustular skin disease), boils, gidradenity, psoriasis, seborrhea, eczema different.
Causes of skin diseases in Tibetan medicine.
As diseases of the joints, diseases of the skin is part of an overall, systemic lesions of the body which is based on a violation of the constitutions of Bile (Pitta), and Mucus (Kapha) and Wind (Vata) (see.. doshas Kapha, Pitta and Vata in Ayurveda). Tibetan medicine considers the skin as a reflection of the function of internal organs. And so all the symptoms on the skin (ulcers, acne, rashes, color change, etc.) for Tibetan medicine is a signal of the violation of these functions. Treatment of diseases of the skin starts after thorough diagnosis is conducted and a comprehensive approach. Treatment is primarily aimed not at addressing visible symptoms, but on eliminating the root cause of the disease is the harmonization of the constitutions of Bile, Mucus, Wind, and in consequence of the normalization of all functions of organs and systems.
Causes of skin diseases in Tibetan medicine considers.
When outraged the Constitution of Bile, strengthens the liver, including the production of bile. In Tibetan medicine, one of the bile is called "Clear Color", which is responsible for coloration of skin and mucous membranes normal color. When increases this kind of bile, then the skin becomes hot, rough, red, and there may be spots, rash, papilloma, etc.
When the bile into the skin via the bloodstream, can cause rashes of acne, emergence of moles, acne, warts, pustules on the back and face, and develop diseases such as atopic dermatitis, psoriasis, eczema, dermatitis, atopic dermatitis etc. In these cases, Tibetan medicine considers the disease to so-called diseases of "heat" of the skin. In this situation, to cleanse the blood and normalization of liver function and restoration of normal skin prescribe herbal remedies acting on the Constitution of Bile (liver Disease and gallbladder), and means cleaning the blood.
The transition of the liver from Yang (excitation) state in the state of Yin (decline) features its fall. The result can be a lack of pigment the skin, and can appear bright unpainted spots. The disease called vitiligo.
When outraged the Constitution of the Mucus, the skin becomes pale and cold, sticky to the touch, cold sweats, itchy skin, appear small pimples, boils, and not long saulaina wounds.
When a violation of the Constitution of the Wind (nervous system), the skin becomes dry, itchy skin, peeling may develop the disease seborrheic dermatitis, dermatitis of nervous origin.
Tibetan medicine in the treatment of skin diseases uses herbs and external methods.
It should be noted that in Tibetan medicine there is a saying "disease enters the body through the skin and exits through the skin." And so, to mention the fact that the disease goes through the skin, in Tibetan medicine emphasize the role of external stimulation methods, therapeutic procedures in the treatment of various diseases.
All the internal organs in Tibetan medicine hollow and dense and have your energy channels (meridians) on the surface of the skin. A total of 14 meridians, which are located about 1,000 BAT (biologically active points). And through its impact on the data point it is possible to treat all organs and the whole body.
Acupressure along the energy channels (meridians) affects the internal organs, contributing to their recovery and normalization of their functions. Deep tissue massage activates the circulation of blood and lymph, enhances the blood flow to the organs and the skin, supplying them with energy and improves energy of the body.
Other methods of action at BAT is an acupuncture and moxatherapy (warming sagebrush cigars). For best results, in addition to external methods of influence requires a combination of taking herbal remedies, internal exposure. In General, in the treatment of skin diseases in Tibetan medicine, are given great importance, and it is carried out in accordance with the basic Canon of ancient Eastern medicine: the human body is an integrated whole and indivisible
As the main cause of skin diseases, eczema and rash is abnormal metabolism in the body, concinnati treatment need to receive blood-purifying means, and only then to use external products to treat skin inflammations, and simultaneously use those and other tools.
1. The juice of strawberries or crushed berries.
2. The pulp of pumpkin fruits to apply to the sore spot.
3. To make compresses of crushed blueberries.
4. Aqueous extract of the fruits of sea buckthorn, sea buckthorn oil.
5. 0.5-1 kg straw boil for half an hour in 1 liter of water. To do washing this infusion, or to give him baths.
6. To apply to the skin potatoes, cut into thin slices.
7. Aqueous extract of the herb violet tricolor to apply to wash.
8. When inflammation of the skin to make a poultice: 3-4 tbsp. tablespoons herb Potentilla goose scald with boiling water, wrap in cheesecloth.
9. The juice of garlic. Chopped garlic wrapped in cheesecloth or gauze, apply to the sore spot for 10 minutes for 3-4 days.
10. A strong decoction of hop cones obtained by boiling, is used for preparation of ointment: 1 part of broth for 4 h. vaseline.
11. 4 tbsp. chopped herbs celandine flowers boil for 5 minutes in 6 cups of water in a sealed container, to insist 8 hours, drain. To use for baths and wash.
12. Lotion infusion of eucalyptus: 50 g of leaves for 1 liter of boiling water.
13. Lubricate sore spots the turpentine pine.
14. Strong infusion of yarrow soar sore spots and make the infusion inside.
15. A strong decoction of young of dried willow bark to apply to wash.
16. Fresh leaves, ointment of aloe juice and aloe emulsion. The emulsion is prepared from leaf juice, aged in the dark at low temperature, in a mixture with castor and eucalyptus oil.
17. 2 tablespoons herbs rosemary 5 tablespoons sunflower oil, to insist 12 hours in a closed vessel on a hot plate, drain. To apply topically.
18. Grind 1 part of powder of rhizomes of elecampane are mixed with 2 h of lard (butter or jelly). Apply as an ointment.
19.100 g of fresh rhizomes devjasila boiled in 1 liter of water, to insist 4 hours, strain. The broth is used for baths and wash.
20. 3 tablespoons of rhizomes erect cinquefoil (galangal) boil in 1/2 liter of water, insist 4 hours, strain. Use for wash, lotions and wet dressings.
Rash with itching
1. Fresh grated carrot or onion pulp (finely chopped 1-2 onions) wrapped in cheesecloth and apply to the affected area.
2. Take baths for 20 minutes in a decoction of grass succession (50 to 100 g in a bucket of water, boil for 30 minutes), the bath temperature 38 °C. at the same time to take inside a series of infusion: 2 tbsp. tablespoons herb insist 12 hours in 1/2 l of boiling water in a warm oven, drain. Drink 3 times a Day for 1/2 Cup.
3. Cut in half grains of corn to put On a clean frying pan and crush with a hot iron object. The obtained dark-brown resinous liquid to lubricate the affected areas of the skin.
4. Aqueous extract of the fruits of sea buckthorn, sea buckthorn oil.
5. The crushed fruits fresh cucumbers.
6. Ginger and white (dull) nettle is used for washing, local baths and compresses.
7. 1 tbsp. teaspoon of dry burdock roots insist 2 hours in 2 cups of boiling water. Used inside a hot 1/2 Cup 2-4 times a day topically to wash.
8. The appearance on the body rash in the form of many small pimples that are very itchy, characterizes the lack of calcium within the body. It is recommended to take calcium infusion or "calciuma" 3 times a day for 1 Dec. spoon immediately after eating. The method of preparation, see "pulmonary Tuberculosis", REC. 13.
9. Of salt 20 g dissolved in a glass of vinegar, add 4 ml of alcohol, mix well. Will the lotion is orange in color, almost straw. The affected area first to wash out warm water with soap, dry it, and then to apply gauze soaked in the lotion 3 times a day.
1. The juice of strawberries and crushed berries.
2. Boiled crushed blueberries for compresses.
3. Lotions and washing the strong infusion or juice of the celandine.
4. A strong infusion of yarrow.
5. A decoction of sorrel roots: 80 g per 3 liters of water, boil for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally to use as a remedy for weeping eczema.
6. Hot baths with the addition of an alcohol tincture of birch buds (15 g insist on 1/2 liter of alcohol or vodka).
7. Cabbage leaves, boiled in milk and mixed with bran (in the form of poultices with weeping eczema).
8. To apply to the skin plate of fresh potatoes.
9. Some eggs boil hard boiled, remove the yolk. Putting the yolk on a needle or a fork, hold over a candle flame. Warmed yolk will give a drop of juice that have collected in the bowl. As soon as a drop of yolk will increase, it is necessary to substitute a vessel to the drop fell. Have a lot of time to heat the desired quantity of precious ointment. The number of eggs necessary to take depending on the size of the space affected skin. This oil thickly spread with gauze and apply it on the sore spot. To change once a day, preferably twice a day. Better not to tie, but if we have to work, you can tie, placing wax paper to bandage from absorbing the medicine. Treatment to continue until complete recovery.
10. Cut in half grains of corn to put on a clean frying pan and crush with a hot iron object. The obtained dark brown smola-shaped liquid to lubricate the affected areas.
11. 3 tbsp. spoon rhizomes erect cinquefoil (galangal) boil in 1/2 liter of water, insist 4 hours, strain. Use for wash, lotions and wet dressings.
12. Cut the barrel forest hazel to clear it of bark, then chopped into thin chip 3 days to dry. Then take a metal container made of two halves, in one half we put those shavings and put metal mesh, tightly closed. Half of this vessel buried in the ground and half full to collect Firewood to burn in 13 minutes. This dry distillation of wood will give juice in beer. This juice is a cure that you need to smear the sore spots.
1. Mix 1 part of sulfur powder with 2 hours of lard (pork internal fat). Massage into skin morning and evening before bedtime. 4-5 days to go to a steam room or take a very hot bath.
2. 1/2 tbsp lard mixed with 1/2 tbsp. of green soap. Mix it with 1/2 tbsp of sulfur powder and 1 tea spoonful of tar. Mix all very thoroughly and rubbed into the skin morning and evening before bedtime. 4-5 days to go to the steam bath or take a hot bath.
3. Mix 1 tbsp of sulfur powder, purified tar, green soap, lard and 1/2 tbsp of honey. RUB this mixture 2 times a day, do not rinse. After 4-5 days go to the steam bath or take a hot bath.
4. 1 teaspoon of turpentine in the form of an ointment mixed with 1-2 tablespoons of lard or 1-2 tablespoons of boiled linseed oil. RUB 2 times a day.If the body had a large pimples and sores from scratching, recommended for children flowers of sulphur ointment, which consists of 1 part sulfur powder to 4 parts lard. To RUB and to smear the ointment 2 times a day and always after bathing or baths. Keep the linen clean. Frequently change underwear and bed linen, all carefully Ironing.
5. Baths and bathing in a decoction of the roots of sorrel 300 g per 3 l water; boil for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. 6. 100 g of fresh rhizomes of elecampane, boil in 1 liter of water, to insist 4 hours, strain. The broth is used for baths and wash.
1. Immediately after the burn to moisten the burnt area with alcohol, Cologne.
2. After the burn you should dip the burned part in water, and then liberally sprinkled with a teaspoon of soda.
3. Apply fresh aloe Vera or Kalanchoe.
4. Ointment and emulsion of aloe. The emulsion is prepared from aloe leaf juice, aged in the dark at low temperature, in a mixture with castor and eucalyptus oil.
5. The pulp of pumpkin fruits, fresh grated carrots to make.
6. Prevents the formation of bubbles onion mush. Finely chop 1-2 onions, wrap in cheesecloth and apply to the burn.
7. The crushed fruit of the hazel forest, mixed with egg white, apply to the burn.
8. Applying grated raw potato.
9. The appearance of bubbles necessary to protect them from the air. To spread or apply on a rag, gauze egg white, beaten with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
10. Perekalennoe sunflower oil in the oil as a dressing.
11. Powder grass cudweed rubbed with fresh butter and honey (or jelly).
12. Slime from boiled bark of a young lime to moisten the bandage.Apply to the burn.
13. Smear whipped with fresh egg.
14. Fresh herbs are stinging nettle to prepare the vodka tincture. Moistened bandage it, apply to the burn.
15. The crushed leaves of fresh cabbage, mixed with egg white, promote rapid healing while running burns.
16. 1 tbsp. spoon rhizomes erect cinquefoil (galangal) to boil in 1 Cup butter, unsalted butter, warm the solution to drain. Use for greasing of burns.
17. If burned throat, you should drink oil (olive, sunflower oil) or water mixed with protein raw eggs.
1. The juice of strawberries and crushed berries.
2. RUB the juice of garlic. Chopped garlic wrap in cheesecloth and gauze, to make 10 minutes within 3-4 days.
3. Lemon juice.
4. Boiled crushed blueberries for compresses.
5. Applying crushed leaves of BlackBerry.
6. Infusion of nettle: 1 tbsp. spoon 3-4 times a day for half an hour before meals.
Boils, boils, boils
1. Roasted garlic, shredded and mixed with butter or boiled with milk, accelerates ripening.
2. Bake a medium-sized onion, cut it in half and one of the halves to make, until the onions hot. To apply a bandage. Change the bandage with a hot onion every 4 hours.
3. Milk onion paste accelerates ripening.
4. Take freshly baked rye bread and well salted, carefully chewing. Sick place to impose a thick layer of chewed-up bread with salt and bandage. When chewing bread and salt are mixed with saliva, which plays an important role in the treatment.
5. Compresses and lotions from broth horsetail or series.
6. To apply an ointment of 5 g of crushed marigold petals or alcoholic tincture of them, mashed with 25 g of vaseline.
7. Take 1/2 Cup 4 times daily before meals infusion of roots and herbs dandelion, or 1 tbsp. spoon infusion of nettle.
1. Inflammation is the basis of all infectious processes erysipelas, pyoderma, acne, boils, herpes, eczema and others. The essence of the process is that of bacterial or viral pathogen is introduced into the unprotected skin (on the background of weakening of immunity, hormonal imbalance, trauma) and causes a reaction in the form of activation of blood cells, local (or General) of the temperature rise, swelling, itching. So the body fights infection.
2. Allergies play an important role in diseases such as urticaria, rash, diathesis, baby dermatitis, atopic dermatitis, eczema, psoriasis. The body recognizes the particles of matter coming to us with food, air, water, as foreign and harmful, and triggers cellular and molecular mechanisms of their destruction, which is manifested by redness, swelling, itching, and fever and more serious disorders. Neuro-psychiatric adverse factors (stress, depression, fatigue) only strengthen allergic reaction.
3. Degenerative processes (seen at the lupus, varicose ulcers, in persons of advanced age, often when psoriasis). Due to the poor blood supply of the skin, caused by senile changes, disease of the blood vessels and nerves are violated trophic (nutritional) processes of tissues, and protein structures of the skin begin to break down. Destroyed waste products are excreted with difficulty through the pores, and often just "clog up" the tissues, causing all the same symptoms: peeling, itching, swelling.
4. Autoimmune processes (often underlie psoriasis, diskoidna lupus erythematosus, isolated vasculitis, and chronic urticaria (urticarial vasculitis), certain forms of alopecia, vitiligo). These diseases can be combined on the grounds that their development involved aggressive against the body's immune system. The causes of almost all autoimmune diseases is still unknown to modern medicine.
Principles of treatment of skin diseases
To cleanse a good many herbs, including common dandelion, burdock, clover, plantain, yarrow and Chernogolovka. Of Ayurvedic herbs used are turmeric, barberry, sandalwood and guggul, and of Chinese medicine honeysuckle, forsythia Vida and Bupleurum.
All of these herbs help in most cases for acute conditions. In chronic diseases require mitigating and tonic herbs — marshmallow, licorice, shatavari, gokshura.
For the treatment of Leucoderma and restoring normal skin pigmentation in Ayurveda is used bakuchi, which is considered a rejuvenator for skin, hair and nails. It is possible to prepare a medicinal oil. Powder bakuchi take 5 grams twice a day before meals, adding a bit of coriander and honey, to soften the bitter taste of this herb.
Herbs can be used internally and externally. Herbal decoctions are used for washes, lotions and plasters, and apply herbal oil.
In inflammatory diseases of the skin, rashes and burns good outside means is clarified butter Ghee. For this purpose it is better to prepare in the following way: GI is placed in a copper vessel, add water in a ratio of 2:1 and allowed to stand for one month, from time to time stir with a copper spoon. Over time, the GI is white, acquires a pleasant smell and is better absorbed by the skin. In India, you can buy a similar product of Satdhara Grita. It is obtained in a shorter time by intensive mixing of oil and water in a copper vessel.
Almost all types of skin rashes helps aloe juice. In allergic conditions of the skin juice and cilantro. Good and Ayurvedic ointment "Turmeric", especially for the treatment of acne and improving complexion. However, it should be noted that some Ayurvedic ointment based on turmeric contain many essential oils, particularly sandalwood, which can cause skin irritation.
A special way to nourish skin is saffron, which is in the form of milk broth (1 g per Cup), and ash pearls (Moti Basma) and powder of pearls.
Sometimes in the process of excretion of toxins and fever may be observed exacerbation of skin diseases, but after some time there comes improvement. In such cases, of course, if the diagnosis is doubt, treatment should not be prematurely interrupted.
Particular manifestations (types) of skin diseases
Skin diseases of Pitta-type, are redness, swelling, fever, infection and irritability, which are exacerbated under the influence of heat and sunlight. External application of oils, as a rule, worsens the condition.
In skin diseases of Vata type skin is dry or flaky, itchy, marked abdominal distension and constipation. Condition worsens under the influence of wind and dryness, and applying heavy oils, especially sesame, brings relief.
Skin diseases of Kapha-type is accompanied by weeping sores, there are blockage, swelling and itching aggravated by cold and humidity, and the application of the oils.
Differentiated treatment of skin diseases
Patients with Pitta Constitution and diseases of Pitta-type diet, which reduces Pitta. Excludes products that may cause allergic reactions: nightshades (especially tomatoes), peaches, strawberries, dairy products. Useful coconut milk and cilantro. Should avoid staying in the heat and the sun. Topically applied coconut oil and aloe juice. When lesions on the head and neck useful oils "Brami" and "eclipta Alba", as well as decoctions of herbs. The majority of effective herbs that improve metabolism, such as burdock or clover. Useful bitter laxative — rhubarb or aloe. Of the drugs used "Herbal antipyretic composition" (No. 7) which accept with aloe juice or with tea from dandelion.
When Vata Constitution, and diseases of the Vata-type is used diet reducing Vata. Applied to the skin has a calming action of the oil, e.g., sesame is used laxative remedies and enemas. Regularly take part of Triphala (5 — 10 grams before bed), and the composition Triphala guggul and tincture of myrrh.
When Kapha Constitution diet aimed at reducing Kapha; should avoid the consumption of heavy, fatty and oily food, particularly cheese and yogurt. Oil is not used neither in nor externally. Help diuretics, in particular, the plantain, the seeds of burdock and Wintergreen. Of the drugs used Gokshuradi guggul and Triphala guggul, as well as "Herbal antipyretic composition" (No. 7) with warm water or ginger tea.
1. The juice of the berries cranberries – used topically for shingles and scabies.
2. The juice of the fresh herb knotweed – it is good to treat bleeding or old wounds, ulcers (juice to moisten the cloth and after washing them the wound, apply it in place of damaged tissue).
3. A decoction of oak bark – it is used to wash and compresses for skin diseases, wounds, burns.
4. Grated carrots – it is applied to inflamed skin, burns, purulent wounds.
5. Sea buckthorn oil – ingestion 2 milliliters per day and topically as a 5% ointment of the oil of sea buckthorn is quite successfully treated cheilitis, eczema, psoriasis. Sea buckthorn oil also contributes to the rapid resorption of infiltrates, reduce erythema, swelling, pain and burning, stops flaking, promotes epithelialization and disappearance of itching.
6. St. John's wort – it is suitable for the treatment of burns, various skin diseases and wound healing. Use St. John's wort oil (a tablespoon of flowers pour a glass of vegetable oil, infuse 14 days).
7. Cranberry juice is packs of it is used in herpes, dry eczema and other skin exudative processes.
8. Lemon – a good remedy for all sorts of herpes and eczema. The course of treatment the following: the first day drink the juice of five lemons in a few receptions, the second of ten or so to reach 25, adding each day for five lemons. Then to reduce the number of lemons until you reach five. Drinking the juice is better through a straw to protect tooth enamel, after ingestion thoroughly rinse the mouth.
9. Series, the roots and leaves of strawberries, mint in the form of decoctions, lime leaves in the mixture have a calming effect in skin diseases, including eczema different.
Pustular lesions are one of the most common groups of skin diseases. They are caused most often by bacteria, staphylococci, and streptococci. The disease is characterized by appearance of skin rash, predominantly pustular character. Some piodermity contagious to others and even take epidemic proportions in schools or kindergartens.
As a rule, all patients with pyodermia disturbed carbohydrate metabolism. Thus patients prescribed herbal plants with hypoglycemic action: the roots of the ginseng or aralia, blueberry leaves, dandelion roots, horsetail grass, wild strawberry leaves, nettle herb. To enhance the body resistance to help patients tonic herbal remedies: tincture of aralia, schisandra, Eleutherococcus, ginseng. Tincture take 30 to 40 drops in the morning and in the afternoon before meals.
Of great importance also have vegetable and fruit juices, especially the juice of potato, carrot, white cabbage, hawthorn, willow-herb, stinging nettle. Juices are better to drink diluted with water in ratio of 1:1.
Of medicinal plants for folk medicine in this case advises the following:
* Decoction of cocklebur used for folliculitis. 10 grams of dry grass pour 200 ml of water, insist 1 hour, filter. Use for wiping leather.
* Fresh inner leaves of cabbage mixed with egg yolk and chewed rye bread is applied to the lesions of pustular skin diseases.
* A decoction of willow bark (50 grams of bark in 500 milliliters of water, boil for 20 minutes) it is acceptable to use for compresses.
* The juice of plantain used for the treatment of boils and pyoderma, gruel made of mashed leaves applied as a compress.
* Oleoresin of pine, fir and spruce – one of the best remedies in all pustular diseases. Apply a bandage or pellet to the lesion.
* Rose oil and rose Kazanlak effective in the treatment of pyoderma, furunculosis, and all pustular diseases. Used in the form of lotions or compresses, and inside.
Frequent formation of acne and pustules on the face will help such folk remedies:
* Tincture of the petals of the white Lily: petals 10 grams per 100 grams of vodka. Insist 2 weeks and wipe the skin before bedtime;
* Pounded seeds of coriander seed and orris root (1:1) – they can be used as powder in areas of the rash on the face;
* Warm compresses infusion of herbs and fennel seeds;
* The addition of a daily meals a little bit of brewer's yeast.