How to wisely manage finances

It may seem surprising, but many of the richest people on the planet lead very simple and moderate lives. They could buy planes, yachts and private islands, but they live in small houses, wear T-shirts and eat at McDonald’s.

Have you ever wondered what you would do with a million dollars? These are the people on the Forbes list. lowlife Your conscious choice. They reject the race for the external attributes of wealth and give all their energy to the family and the cause they love.

"Site" Using the example of Warren Buffett, Mark Zuckerberg and Jose Mujica, he will show you the advantages of a modest life and what it means to be truly rich.

Wealthy people living modestly Warren Buffett - the most famous investor in the world, occupying the third line of the Forbes list with a fortune of $ 90 billion, to this day lives in a small house he bought in 1958 for $ 30 thousand.

DepositPhotos

He doesn't carry a cell phone and there's no computer on his desktop. When his friend Bill Gates comes to visit him, he meets a guest by car at the airport.

Moreover, Warren has the most unassuming tastes. Rumor has it that he often dines at McDonald’s, eats potato chips daily and drinks several bottles of cola.

“My life simply cannot be happier than it is now. In fact, it would be much worse if I owned 6 or 8 houses. “I have everything I need, I don’t need anything more, because at some point luxury doesn’t make any sense,” Warren Buffett said in 2014.

Modest billionaires Buffett and Bill Gates founded The Giving Pledge. They promise to give at least 50% of their fortune to charity. Buffett himself is going to give 99%. He has already donated over $30 billion.

Mark Zuckerberg, Buffett’s neighbor on the Forbes list, the founder and CEO of Facebook, who earned more than $ 70 billion, also leads a rather modest lifestyle with his wife Priscilla and daughter Maxima.

DepositPhotos

The closet of the founder of the social network traditionally consists of simple monochromatic T-shirts, jeans and sneakers. After his wedding in 2012, he stopped by McDonald’s. The ceremony was celebrated in the backyard of the house with a dinner with burgers.

Zuckerberg drives a Volkswagen Golf with a manual transmission. His official salary is just $1, and in December 2015 he announced he would donate 99% of his shares to charity.

There were few principled unmercenaries among the leaders of states in the history of mankind. One example of such persistent people was the previous president of Uruguay, Jose Mujica, nicknamed El Pepe.

Of the $12,500 presidential salary, Mujica kept only a thousand. I have enough money, I have to do it, because the incomes of many Uruguayans are much lower. His fellow citizens called him “the poorest president.”

El Pepe himself does not like this nickname. “I am not the poorest president. The poorest is the one who needs too much to live. My lifestyle is a consequence of my wounds. I'm the son of my story. I used to feel like the happiest person in the world just because I had a mattress.

Hard to believe, but the President of the country drys his underwear on a rope in his yard and goes to the well for water. Mujica’s biggest personal purchase during his presidency was a $1,945 Volkswagen.

Jose Mujica believes our society has gone too far in supporting a culture of consumption. Obsession with material things deprives people of the most important thing – freedom, because they become dependent on the market.

Why you should live more modestly than your abilities
  1. You're not spoiling your brain.
    Our brain loves new things. New products contribute to the production of dopamine, thanks to which we feel happy. But if we constantly buy something, the biological reward system weakens. It is becoming more and more difficult to feel satisfied, and the need for new things continues unabated. Living as simple as Jose Mujica doesn't spoil your brain. You learn to look for pleasure outside the world of consumption.

2. You'll have less headache.
    Have you heard the phrase “more money, more problems”? It's not just an expression. The more you buy, the more you need to organize and protect. Suddenly you start to worry about legal issues, insurance and the safety of your property. Instead of focusing on new ideas and inspiration, you spend all your time managing.

3. You won't be alone.
    Of course, it’s nice to swim in a hot tub or ride a new sports car. But our average compatriots don't do it every day. Many families can barely make ends meet. Thus, the more property you have and the higher your material demands, the less connections you will have with the people around you.

And that's bad news. Studies show that isolated people are unhappy, begin to suffer from brain problems early and live shorter lives on average than those who did not fence themselves off from others with high fences.

If a man works all the time only to be able to acquire, he becomes less and less free in his actions. By their example, the heroes of our article show the world that you can be happy without putting material goods on a pedestal.

Jose Mujica once said, “We don’t just come into this world to grow up and change.” We come into this world to be happy. Because life is short and it eludes us. No material goods are worth human life, and that is the most important thing.”

When you start making more money, stay where you are. Buy and do more for others than for yourself, and you may find true happiness and harmony.

The financial independence we all aspire to often depends on unexpected things. Editorial "Site" I have collected for you 6 really important tips, adhering to which you can improve your financial situation.

Teach children to love work from an early age: 5 tips for parenting from a millionaire mom Program your child for success!

Tags

See also

New and interesting