How to cook Gurian cabbage

The recipe for this cabbage I was sent a few months ago by my friend Tamriko, who lives in Tbilisi. I recently decided to prepare it for my husband’s birthday. Only slightly modified the recipe. It turned out just excellent - delicious, juicy and spicy!

The great thing about this snack is that it can be stored in the refrigerator for a long time and it does not spoil, however, I ate it in a couple of days. Now I'm going to cook again!

DepositPhotos

Today's edition. "Site" tell you, How to cook Gurian cabbage. Very unusual taste. Something like childhood!

DepositPhotos

Georgian Cabbage with Beets Ingredients
  • 2.5 kg of white cabbage
  • 1 beet
  • 12 cloves of garlic
  • 1 pod of hot pepper
  • 12 peas of black pepper
  • 2 tbsp salt
  • 2 l of water

DepositPhotos

Preparation
  1. To begin with, you will need a pan in which you need to boil water, gradually adding salt to it. As a result, the brine is more salty than, for example, broth.

DepositPhotos

Wash and cut the cabbage in large chunks, preserving part of the pot.

Peel the beets and cut it with mugs, the pod peppers also cut into small pieces, peel the garlic.

Now we will need a rather spacious pan, in it you need to layer down first cabbage, then beets, then garlic, black pepper with peas, pod pepper. And so on, but you need to leave about 5 centimeters to the very top of the pan.

Pour a pot of cabbage brine. Take a plate as a load, then cover the pan with a lid.

Leave the cabbage for 4-5 days.

That's it, sauerkraut Ready! You can serve snacks to meat, potatoes, fish. Before serving on the table, the dish can be decorated with finely chopped green onions and greens. Bon appetit!

In my family, a traditional recipe for sauerkraut with apples has become. For harvesting, we choose white cabbage of late varieties without green leaves, it is better that the head was even slightly cracked at the pin. And the apples of the grandmother advises to take varieties of "Antonovka".

I suggest you learn how to make sauerkraut with apples. You won't find that crispy anywhere!

DepositPhotos

Make sure to cook cabbage according to this recipe. Sharp and gourian Will conquer any connoisseur of Caucasian cuisine!

Don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends on social media.

Tags

See also

New and interesting