How to develop maternal instinct

It is believed that all women have a maternal instinct. Hardly born with him. First they play with dolls, then they are touched at the sight of other people's children. Growing up, agukaya with their own, and almost to old age they are protected and nurtured.

But what about those who send their children to orphanages? Exception to the rule, people with mental disorders. That's what people think of them. Or simply called inhuman. Because there can be no loving mother gave birth.

But how to explain the psychology of women who give birth to children, live with them, but remain indifferent to them? And they do not experience the trembling motherly love described in the books.

One of these indifferent women came to the reception of psychologist Katerina Murashova and said: “I don’t exactly ‘love’ them in the sense of ‘I don’t like them’.” If I had seen them from the outside or had a chance to talk and play, I would probably even like them. And here it is, when every day... It’s probably right to say that I’m just indifferent to them. If I could, I would give them to someone. Like kittens.

The woman was quite attractive. I have never experienced a lack of suitors. She got married right after school. I had two children. My husband insisted. At first she liked her husband’s extraordinary affection, his adoration and fear of losing her. And then I wanted to play family.

DepositPhotos

She was bored, she asked her husband to sit with the children, and she went for a walk in the park. There she met her new man. Caucasian nationality, quite rich, smart, but married.

With her first husband, the woman divorced, began to live in an apartment bought by a boyfriend. But she never married him, because despite all the promises of her family, he never left her for her. But while waiting for this wonderful moment, she gave birth to two children. And so it turned into mother-of-four.

DepositPhotos

Most interestingly, when a psychologist asked her why she thought her life was boring and whether she was interested in anything other than children, she gave a very unexpected answer:

“I have no interests whatsoever. Well, there are men, if only. They fascinate me. They fascinate me. Not for long, really. Now there's one, artist. I got really into it. But he says, four kids is too much. If you had two guys, I'd do anything. Well, I get it. There are no other interests.”

DepositPhotos Causes of lack of maternal instinct
  1. Childhood trauma. If the girl was not loved in childhood, neglected her, did not pay attention, then it is unlikely, growing up, she will be able to show love for her own children. She didn’t have an example to show her what a happy family should look like.

DepositPhotos
  2. Poorly developed instinct of self-preservation This leads to a weakening of maternal instinct. When we give birth to children, we think about procreation, and when we take care of them, we care about its preservation. If a person does not care whether he is alive or not, then the more he will be indifferent to the relatives around him.

DepositPhotos

3. And finally psychological. A child is a small person. If after birth it is enough to breastfeed, put to bed on time, and so on, then after some time with him you have to communicate as an individual and give time to his development. And if a woman is not interested in anything, she is not interested in herself, if a woman does not love anyone, maybe she does not know how to love in principle, then how can she love this little person? Here is such a woman incapable of relationships and came to an appointment with psychologist Katerina Murashova.

DepositPhotos

What do you think the development of maternal instinct depends on?

Tags

See also

New and interesting