Sauerkraut soup recipe

My husband never liked all those thick vegetable soups, just couldn't stand it. But one thing changed everything. Once we visited my sister in Transcarpathia, she cooked delicious cabbage. It was so rich, thick and tasty that my husband even asked for supplements.

Then I asked my sister what kind of miracle soup it was. And I learned the recipe for Transcarpathian cabbage, which I will share with you today. My husband is now asking me to make it.

Sauerkraut Soup Ingredients
  • 600g sauerkraut
  • 1.5 liters of water
  • 1 carrot
  • 1 bulb
  • 100g smoked lard
  • 50g sausage
  • 2 tbsp flour
  • flavorful
  • green
  • bay-leaf
  • salt and pepper

Preparation
  1. Wash the cabbage and put it in boiling water. Cook on a slow heat until the cabbage is soft. It usually takes about an hour and a half.

2. Meanwhile, cut the lard into little cubes. Throw it in the pan and melt the fat. It is best to take fat with meat streaks.

3. Cut the onions and carrots. Add them to the pan to the lard.

4. When the onion is golden, add the diced sausage. By the way, smoked and boiled sausage will do. When the sausage is toasted, add the flour and mix it thoroughly.

5. Roasted vegetables with squarks pour into a pot with cabbage and cook soup for another 5-10 minutes.

6. Add salt, pepper and bay leaf, cook for a few more minutes. Take it off the fire and let it brew a little. Before serving, add sliced greens and sour cream to the plate. Here is the Transcarpathian cabbage!

At first glance, soup is like soup, but it turns out to be incredibly brewy, thick and smells just amazing. Be sure to try cooking!

Do you like soups? Then try to make German soup "Pichelsteiner". Very hearty!

Potatoes are high in calories, so I prefer not to add them to soups. Recently, we shared a wonderful recipe for hearty soup without potatoes.

And we told you how to make a delicious and nutritious soup with meatballs.

Did you like the recipe? Share it with your friends!

Tags

See also

New and interesting