Why correspondence with friends is so important

It is believed that with age, a person’s mental abilities deteriorate: he adapts more slowly to changes, makes more mistakes, remembers information worse. And even the refutation of this view by Harvard scientists cannot change our minds.

However, what is impossible to argue with is that with age man becomes wiser. He knows how to filter information, correctly and quickly determine priorities, does not worry about the details. Extensive life experiences, from which important lessons have been successfully learned, help neutralize all the debris that surrounds us. Maybe that's why older people are always so interested in listening.

And today's edition. "Site" An 83-year-old woman sent a letter to her friend. It seems rich and deep enough for many young people to see and reflect on their priorities and values. It's a peculiar thing. contemplation.

"Hello, my dear Bertha." I’m still alive, but my life changes a little bit every day: I read more and dust less and more, I sit in the yard more and less and worry less about weeds in the garden, I spend more time with friends, and I work less and less.

“It turned out that it was more interesting to enjoy life than to simply endure it. I am just beginning to realize this and appreciate every moment.

“I have stopped saving on my needs, and my crystal sets and porcelain cups spend more time on the table than on the sideboard. Can there be a greater reason than the arrival of a niece, the first day of spring, or the beginning of cherry blossoming in distant Japan?

“When I leave home, I put on my best clothes, even if I go to the store or the market. I guess if I look beautiful, I won’t be so sorry to spend the money.”

“I don’t need a special reason to use my favorite perfume. I smell good even if I go to the bank to pay for a utility or when I go to the clinic.

“I stopped procrastinating until tomorrow, next week, or just for the right moment. If you want to see, hear or do something right now, why put it off? ?

“We are accustomed to assume that life is a matter of course, and therefore it does not occur to us what we would do if we knew that we would be gone tomorrow. Maybe they would make peace with loved ones, maybe apologize for bad words or deeds. Or maybe just go to a good restaurant, order delicious food and spend time with pleasure.

I myself regret that I rarely paid attention to such trifles, did not tell loved ones the words they deserved.

“When I wake up, the first thing I do is convince myself of the peculiarity of the new day, because every moment and every minute is a gift. And even if life wasn't the song you wanted to hear while you were here, you can wait for the right tune or you can dance.

These are reflection The older woman seemed very curious. In her short letter, she managed to touch on important topics that we so often forget in the bustle of days. But it is so important to constantly maintain relationships with loved ones, not to postpone important things for later and enjoy life every minute.

Tags

See also

New and interesting