How to make jam from mint

Once, resting in the country, I saw that the neighbor was covering the jam. It was nothing strange, but the color was green. I thought for a long time what you can cook jam from to make it come out of such a rich color. I thought and thought, and then I decided to go and ask. That's how I learned the recipe for mint and lemon jam.

At first I thought to make one jar for a try, and now for the third year I cook it. And tonight. "Site" Share this recipe with you!

Mint jam Ingredients
  • 1 liter of water
  • 200g mint
  • 1 lemon
  • 2 tbsp sugar
  • 1 bag of any gelling agent
  • greenish

Preparation
  1. First you need to prepare. peppermint. Wash the twigs and dry, and then cut with the stems.

2. Wash the lemon and cut it in half lobes or cubes. Put it down. mint and lemon into a pot of boiling water.

3. Periodically stirring, boil mint and lemon for about 20 minutes. Then strain the mint decoction through a small sieve or dudshlag. It is recommended to strain the broth twice so that it becomes completely transparent. You can use gauze.

4. Clean strained syrup pour back into the pan and pour the sugar there. Cook for another 20 to 30 minutes. The longer you cook, the thicker the jam will become.

5. Next, add a gelling agent, which is sold in stores under the name "Zelfiks" or "Zelinka". You can use agar-agar. Add it to the pan at the very end of the boil, mix well and boil the jam for another 2 minutes.

6. The color of the jam itself is not very beautiful, so you can add a dye. Then the jam will turn out a bright emerald color. Now it remains to roll jam in sterilized jars and put in the pantry for winter.

That’s how I cooked a jar of jam for a taste and discovered the best recipe for a useful and tasty delicacy. Now I'm rolling at least a couple of cans for the winter. After all, this is not just jam, but also a delicious medicine!

Do you like unusual twists? We shared a recipe for dandelion jam with you earlier.

And if you are tired of jam, be sure to see 5 ways to save berries in a completely new way. Bon appetit!

What winter preparations do you make?

Tags

See also

New and interesting