How to make a beautiful and practical polovichok

On the Internet you can find tons of information about what crafts can be made with your own hands. stuffy. It would seem that objects that can be easily and quickly given a second life, have long been known. And all the ways of updating and reworking them, too. However, this list is constantly expanding!

Recently, my mother gave me some beautiful polovichoks. I didn’t even realize that she sewed them from the remnants of unnecessary fabric, because they looked super stylish and original. At the same time, such halves are easily washed and serve for a long time!

In this wonderful way, how fast to sew halves From old and unnecessary things, her friend shared with her mother, for which she is very grateful. This activity, as it turned out, is quite exciting: I personally sewed 2 polovichok in one free evening. I'll take them to the cottage next weekend, they'll be great!

Crafts of old things today editorial "Site" He will tell you how to make beautiful and practical. half-coat And old-fashioned apartments. Really cool idea!

To make such a polovichok, you will need strips of different colors and different widths. All fabrics are better taken from old products. It can be almost anything: strips of grandmother’s curtains, flaps of old jeans and other clothes and even sleeves of old knitwear!

Stitched strips into the canvas and slightly walk around the canvas with an iron to level.

For the base, I needed a whole piece of fabric - I cut off my grandmother's old curtains. Lay the base and canvas of stripes with the back sides inside and connect them with pins. Suit the canvas from the strips to the base, stitching along the lines of seams between the strips.

Cut into strips different knitwear, T-shirts, tights, breeches ...

Take a knitting hook (long) and stretch with it the knitted strips between the strips and the base. Introduce the hook into the hole between the strip and the base on one side and extend it to the other side, hooking the edge of the knitted strip and extending it to the other side.

Knitted strip fills the void between the strip and the base, compacts and weights the floorboard. The ends of the knitted stripes are visible on both sides of the strip.

So fill the whole canvas. Line the edges and then cut the excess knitted strips.

I surround the polovichok on four sides with strips of any fabric.

That's it, half-starved. By the same principle, you can make a cloak for the seat of a chair or sew a path into the corridor.

In Soviet times, it was customary to remake and remix everything. The shortage of goods obliged to somehow get out, invent something and tinker.

I suggest you remember the old traditions and learn to make halves from tights that you no longer want to wear. By the way, this carpet looks quite stylish and original!

Such a polovichok is a great opportunity to use wisely all worn-out and unnecessary things accumulated over the winter. Masterfully sewn, beautifully decorated, half-coat It will not only be a useful thing, but also an original decoration of the house!

Tags

See also

New and interesting