Do you need to give the lower shelf on the train to an elderly person?

Travel by train - it's cheap, fast and convenient. Not every city has an airport, but railway stations are found even in villages. And the stations are located just in the center of settlements, from where it is easy to get to any end point.

And how not to remember the notorious train romance, when, sipping simple tea in a seat card and snacking on waffles familiar from childhood, you look out the window where picturesque landscapes flash...

But even in the safest transport, you can encounter troubles that, although not life-threatening, but may well disturb peace of mind for several hours, spoiling a pleasant trip. And today's edition. "Site" It tells the story of a trip that we found interesting.

We are going with our younger sister to the sea, anticipating how after this unbearable stuffiness we will plunge into cool water. We lay each on its shelf - specifically pre-booked the lower seats to go near and not disturb anyone. There is still a good 10 hours of travel ahead.

“But then the idyll is broken by the appearance of a decrepit grandmother, who with a happy exclamation: “Well, here we are, and the girl will give me a shelf,” splashes directly on my leg. The ticket from the old lady, of course, to the top shelf, but she is not going to climb there.

I am grateful for the girl, but I do not intend to give up my place. I bought tickets 45 days before the trip in order to go on vacation with acceptable comfort, not to please this arrogant grandmother.

“Although I have no idea how this old lady will get to the top shelf, is that my concern? Why didn't she or her family worry about comfort when they bought the ticket? And if they didn't care, what questions do I have?

Refuse the elderly. camper I was upset and suddenly called the guide. Began to argue, demanding that she, at her age, be given a seat downstairs. The man thought of suggesting that I just give up and move upstairs. Really?

“It was necessary to advise the conductor to arrange a screaming granny in his guide bed himself, if he offered such a thing to ordinary passengers. Fortunately, the head of the train arrived, who took Grandma somewhere in the neighboring car.

When everything calmed down, the sister sadly summed up: “You’re fine, you know how to snap, so you will ride on the lower shelves.” And they would have driven me away. So you need to learn to include a little brashness to defend yourself against other impudent people. How else? Why should I give back what I paid for? ?

Such controversial situations often occur in domestic compartments and place cards. Travellers on the train They often forget about the comfort of other passengers and think only of themselves. One claims rights and sticks a printed ticket in the nose, while the other calls for morality and demands that an exception be made for him. But who's right?

It is one thing when you, out of the goodness of your heart, agree to give a place to a person, and quite another when it is demanded in an ultimatum form. Often, cunning people themselves buy cheaper tickets to the upper shelves, then change in the car. Indeed, someone acts according to conscience, and someone appeals to the conscience of others, believing that he owes everything.

Tags

See also

New and interesting