Three ways to distinguish high-quality boiled sausage from low-quality

Boiled sausage. I've loved her taste since I was a kid. It's not just a product, it's a symbol. Below I will tell you how to choose a sausage that will exactly repeat the entire symphony of taste of the one you tried as a child!

What holiday without Olivier's basin? Housewives prepare traditional salad in their own way: someone with sausage, someone with meat, with or without onions and so on. It is difficult to say which option is tastier, each has its own, but there are nuances.

Initially, the salad was prepared with meat, and later it began to add sausage. Why? Olivier with sausage is less caloric than olive with chicken breast. Boiled sausage was first produced in 1936 at the Moscow Meat Processing Plant named after A. I. Mikoyan for people who were forced to starve in those difficult times, in order to prevent complications after a hunger strike. Hence its name "Doctoral".

Sausage, cooked according to GOST, has per 100 g of product: 25 g of beef, 70 g of pork, 3 g of melange or eggs, 2 g of cow's milk powder, salt, 0.007 g of sodium nitrite, 2 g of sugar, 0.03 g of nutmeg.

To choose a quality sausagePay attention to its composition. Soy, starch and chemicals should not be present in it, only an acidity regulator can be from chemicals.

Drop a drop of iodine on the sausage. If iodine turns blue, starch is there, which means you should not take this sausage, it simply will not taste good.

The color of the sausage should be pale pink, it should not be salty!

It is the “Doctor’s” sausage used in the classic Olivier recipe. Only the "Doctor's" sausage has a competitor called "For Olivier", and it is prepared by a completely different technology and can vary greatly in quality.

This does not mean that Olivier should be cooked only with “Doctor’s”, you can choose another variety of boiled sausage, taking into account some recommendations.

1. Quality, which means, best-cooked It must be of the highest grade and produced according to GOST.

2. Avoid sausages with splashes of lard, pieces of meat or tongue.

3. Some hostesses add to the olivier Two types of sausage: boiled and smoked, and someone cooks with smoked sausage. In this case, it is better to choose salami or other hard varieties.

Olivier can be cooked with fish instead of sausage, and even without meat ingredients. And sausage is quite realistic to make at home from peas.

Do not forget to beautifully serve festive dishes to the table and just in case do not prepare salads with crackers. How do you make Olivier?

Tags

See also

New and interesting