How to Refuse Your Sister to Come Empty-Handed

When a sister and her child, strangerThat's sad. It becomes even sadder that she comes to you not out of great desire, but out of need. How, then, can you refuse?! Close relatives should support each other, especially in difficult times.

However, there are reasons for everything. And if at first glance the situation is unambiguous, looking at it from a different angle you can notice some interesting details. This is what happened to our reader, who does not know how long she will be able to tolerate her own sister. Relatives are sometimes very peculiar.

My problem is my sister and her family, which I am already quite tired of. You see, they don't have a normal relationship to personal boundaries. As they say, “simplicity is worse than stealing.” Uninvited guests are worse than a Tatar.

My sister and I were born and raised in the countryside. I moved to one city and then to another. Married, had a son. I moved to the capital. Divorced. And she stayed in the same place. There she got married, also gave birth to a child, a pretty girl. But now she lives with her mother-in-law, at home with her husband's parents. You know what it's like.

My husband and I broke up as friends. He left me a decent one-bedroom apartment in a nice neighborhood. Now it helps me and my son money. Most of the money, such as repairs, came from him. In fact, to be honest, I don't hold a grudge against him. Adults, you have to understand.

As it turns out, not everyone grows up the same way. Some time ago, my sister and her husband took the fashion to come to the capital to see how the locals live. Buy something and all. Of course, the whole family stayed with me. Once again, the apartment is large, but only one room. For some reason, the past owners changed it.

And imagine that. I lie on my bed, my son sleeps in his crib, and my relatives sit on cots. God knows where they found them. How was it in the nineties, remember? They even left those cots in my pantry on the second visit. "For the future," they say. Very fucking nice.

And the first time they came, it was still like that. They brought food, stuff from the village. They asked me to contact some relatives via video chat. I don’t remember them at all when I was walking under the table. Why would I? Well, come on, for the tick and as nostalgia agreed to this.

But then they came empty-handed. Easy, so to speak. And I have to buy groceries. This is not about money, but about principle. At least my sister cooked and washed the dishes. The village life taught her that well. But I'm sorry, it's not a hotel. I don't take money, so take care of the food. And his brother-in-law's too harchy. He wants meat, you see.

One day my sister called me to talk. I am sorry and sorry for the frequent visits. But, he says, you have to move away from your mother-in-law for a couple of days, otherwise you can really go crazy. Constant orders, a lot of work, treating them like servants. There's a big city, new emotions. Beauty, in short.

Although we spoke openly, I did not tell her my secret. The thing is, her husband is very, very similar to my ex. Just outside. He's a rude hillbilly and a mama's boy. But even this state of affairs is not to my liking. Especially when you wake up in the morning and they’re on their feet. And you don't understand what's going on: why Glory is back in my apartment, and even in my families.

Recently, before their arrival, I refused my sister. Well, I just suggested they stay at a hotel. So the horn in the tube stood for a minute. But I stood my ground. An hour later, my mother called, all with the same claim. That's who she raised and raised, and so on. The city raised me and I was a little tougher than I was.

I don't know how you can be like that. I came to them with all my heart, even a good hotel. Not expensive and comfortable. Why bother with me? And if there is no money, then sit in your village, turn the bulls' tails. It's not my fault I got a better life. I don’t want to go to the village to breathe air. In short, relatives are uninvited guests!

Tags

See also

New and interesting