The blatant ignorance of modernity is to visit empty-handed! I don't do that anymore.

The problem of hospitality It's familiar to all of us. Unfortunately, people who come to our house are not always welcome and sincere. Many people make late visits without an invitation. Adults who walk into someone else’s house empty-handed, knowing that there is a small child there, is a separate conversation.

It's wise to visit. So to avoid being labeled an impolite pig, follow these simple tips from the editorial board. "Site"

Who goes to visit in the morning...

1. Never visit with empty hands.
    Deepak Chopra, in his book The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success, explains clearly why this should not be done: One of the useful things that I learned as a child and that I taught my children is never to come to anyone’s house empty-handed, never to come without a gift.

You may say, “How can I give to others when I am lacking myself?” You can bring a flower. One flower. You can bring a note or a postcard that says something about your feelings to the person you came to see. You can pay a compliment. And it improves the mood.

Make the decision to give wherever you go, whoever you see. The more you give, the more confidence you gain by the miraculous operation of this law.”

2. "Let's go see someone."
    In the age of mobile phones, computers and tablets, it is simply indecent to visit a person without warning. Even if you think you're incredibly close. Modern life dictates its conditions: in the XXI century, no one wants to waste precious time on everyone.

3. Punctuality is not just courtesy of kings
    Do not keep good-natured owners waiting. The guest of honor is allowed to be a few minutes late. If a person is significantly delayed, then upon arrival at the house, you do not need to tell everyone about the reason for the delay for a long time and tediously. It is also not necessary in the midst of a feast to take turns to say hello to all guests.

4. Visiting the baby.
    If you want to visit a family with a small child, you need to make sure first of all that the visit is appropriate. Namely: negotiate with parents and specify when to come to visit.

Every adult should understand that the regime of the day of the baby is different from the regime of the day of the adult. Also, you can not make such visits if you currently have symptoms of SARS or a cold. Remember, it is indecent to visit a child with empty hands!

5. Farewell to the hosts
    Leaving the house of hospitable hosts, the visitor must open the door himself, so as not to give the impression that he is being pushed out the door.

Do you follow these unspoken rules? Be sure to share your opinion in the comments!

Tags

See also

New and interesting