How much flew in a penny rest at sea in the USSR

People in the USSR had not only to work hard, but also to rest well. After all, it was necessary to restore strength in order to then start working with even more energy. Perhaps, after a good rest, faith in a bright future only grew stronger.

However, a lot of time has passed since then. And modern young people, having watched videos about foreign travel, do not know anything about what it was like. camping. Who can tell you better than the people themselves?

Rest in the USSR
  1. “I sometimes remember the past and wonder. The fact is that my parents were musical educators and clearly earned no more than others. But at the same time we had 2 months of vacation, during which we managed to spend three weeks in the Carpathians. Enjoyed walks in the forests, drank medicinal water, breathed the cleanest air. And then we went to the sea for 3 weeks. There was time and money. And now if you break out for a week at the sea, that's good.
    View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Vladimir Kozlov (@v_kozlov)

2. In Soviet times, when I was 20, I received a free tour of Odessa – Batumi – Odessa by boat for 30 days. And I lived at that time in Tashkent, and on the road to Odessa and back (via Moscow) money was allocated to me in the trade union. When he studied in absentia at the institute, he took trips to a local holiday home twice a year. The price of the ticket was 7 rubles and 20 kopecks. The salary was 170 rubles.” Later, the whole family went to Kyrgyzstan to Lake Issyk-Kul also on a ticket. So, a month of rest for me, my wife and daughter cost 20 rubles + 10 rubles on the road in both directions. That's the accessibility. And today, with an average salary of 30,000, how much does it cost to stay with your family in Turkey or Egypt?

A post shared by Ermek Rysbek uulu (@bsmoder)

Free trips to the USSR "In 1985 I was given a ticket to Truskavets". And not just gave, but directly begged me to go. They said that if I refused, the trip would burn. I was still in teaching school. I went for 28 days and only had to pay for the trip. If I remember correctly, it was in September. “Where are free vouchers issued now? In the last 25 years, I don’t know who has received them. But we from our factory then received vouchers, though not at sea, but went to the Volga. There was a house for the whole family for 21 days. My children went for a month (and sometimes for 2 months) every summer to the Bear River. It cost 12 rubles, and after the birth of the third child became free. Moreover, for good study, they received free vouchers to the “Eagle” on the sea.

A post shared by Travel/Rest/Health (@travelata_na_vodnom)

I remember how my friend and I at the Institute trade union committee received preferential vouchers to some Black Sea sanatorium. They cost us about 15 rubles with a scholarship of 40 rubles. They got there by train (about 5 rubles), they decided to return by plane (like 13 rubles). Moreover, I remember that the scholarship was given for the whole summer (for 120 rubles). As a result, we spent on the spot, riding on attractions, buying local drinks, going to the movies and discos. But it cost a penny. Most of the scholarships are still there. We had no problem until autumn.”

A post shared by Nostalgia for the 70s (@zolotye__70s)

Was it that good? I was a member of the trade union committee, and I distributed these vouchers for 8 years. They give you 20 vouchers for 200 graduates, and do whatever you want. Although yes, workers only had to pay 33% of the cost, and the rest was paid by the union. But there was a catastrophic shortage of all those who wished.” In order for you to be given this permit, you had to write a statement to the trade union committee, have crystallized labor discipline, be registered in a trade union. And even with all these advantages, there was a high probability that they would be rejected. Vouchers often fell into the hands of veterans of production and activists. And if they do, it's for one person. You can't take your wife or mother-in-law with you. But in all 35 years of work, I have never received this ill-fated tour.”

A post shared by Mom/Stylist/Arcanologist etc (@tata_khvostova)

Information camping It's different. Someone gratefully remembers the old days, telling how well he managed to relax in the best resorts of a huge country for mere pennies. And the memories of such lucky people are really pleasant and interesting to read. After all, the first impressions of the sea, mountains or other unusual landscapes remain forever in the memory.

But at the same time, there are enough reviews from those who have not kept the best memories of rest in Soviet times. As a rule, here they talk about the inaccessibility of vouchers to each worker (someone for the whole working life received a voucher once, or did not receive at all). If they did, it wasn’t the best time of year.

A post shared by Antiquarian Vintage Moscow (@retrobloha)

Remember and huge queues for any food, drink and entertainment. And in general, the level of service, they say, at that time was absolutely no. However, unfavourable Soviet people and such a rest seemed manna heavenly.

What was it like? Share your memories of rest in the USSR.

Tags

See also

New and interesting