How to thank the stepfather that raised a girl as a daughter

Is it worth giving financial assistance to a brother who is quite capable of taking care of himself? Should all promises made to parents in their youth be kept? And while you are thinking about these questions, we suggest you meet a family who has already answered them in their own way. I wonder if your thoughts are the same...

I was left alone with my little daughter in my arms when my husband left me. I don’t know how I would have done without my friend Misha. During the most difficult period of my life, he was always there for me.

After a few months, I recovered from a difficult breakup and began to live happily again. When I completely let go of my past relationship, Michael admitted that he had always loved me more than a friend and proposed. I said yes. Soon we had a small wedding and had a son.

My daughter did not know that Misha was not her own father. And he never showed it, took care of her and our son Vanya equally.

Lenochka learned the whole truth when her own father died and she inherited two apartments. She was very surprised by the news and at first did not even know how to deal with the inheritance. She was only 17 at the time. All expenses and care for the funeral Misha took over. As it turned out, my ex-husband had no closer friends.

After two years, Lena decided to move into an apartment that she inherited from her father, and the second began to rent. Before starting an independent life, Lena promised that she would give one apartment to her brother when he grew up and was able to take care of himself. But when it came to the matter, the daughter flatly refused to fulfill her promise.

Lena decided she needed a second home. “Now that I am a mother, I need to think first about the future of my children, not about my adult brother. So let him live in his father’s apartment, she said when I reminded her of that promise.

I don't understand that kind of behavior. Misha invested so much in her upbringing and loved her as a native. Is it really so hard to help your brother and at the same time thank your stepfather for his care?

Do you think Elena is right? Or should you listen to your mother’s request? Don’t hesitate to share your opinion on this in the comments!

Tags

See also

New and interesting