Mother-in-law's advice on cold can sterilization

To be fully armed in harvest-timeYou need to know how to sterilize banks. My mom always did this with a kettle of water. You put a kettle on the stove, and you place a jar on top of it, hold it over the steam, and then on the towel, bottom down.

This procedure takes a lot of time and effort, so the desire to mess with twists disappears. That all changed after my mother-in-law shared some tricks with me. I wish I had known about it before!

How to sterilize banks today "Site" Talk about sterilizing cans. coldly. If over the steam of the bank 0.7 liters sterilized at least 10 minutes, the cold method - 20-30 seconds, the difference is palpable.

To prevent germs from getting into the banks and, as a result, winter billets do not deteriorate, the bank needs to be sterilized. Cold sterilization really saves time, and the banks themselves do not burst when pouring boiling water, although they are cold.

For this method, you will not need a stove, microwave and other devices that need to be heated. But a jar of alcohol or vodka, at worst, vinegar will be just right!

First, check the cans for chips, cracks or rust. For conservation, containers are suitable without damage. The covers should be smooth, without scratches and rust. Clean sponge thoroughly wash the cans and lids. It is better to do this with soda, mustard powder or household soap. Conventional detergents for this are not particularly suitable due to chemical additives in their composition, which are poorly washed off.

So, you need to pour alcohol (40-50 milliliters) into a clean can, if there is no alcohol, you can use strong vodka (about 50-70 milliliters) or table vinegar 9% (more than 50 milliliters).

Next, close the jar with the lid and shake intensely for half a minute, then open the jar and pour the contents from this jar into the next one. So go on depending on how many cans you need for blanks.

Cold. sterilization It allows you to determine how well the lid fits the bank. If it flows, then when canning it will not close tightly, which means that the lid should be replaced. Also, this method is good because you can sterilize at any convenient time, for example, while the water boils. It also saves energy or gas!

I also suggest to find out what leads to spoilage of conservation and how to avoid it. And also why it is important to select only proven recipes for winter blanks, so as not to regret the lids that flew into the air.

Now you know how sterilize cold way. In my opinion, it is very convenient and fast, which is important in our active time. I would love to share with us in the comments your favorite recipes for the winter.

Tags

See also

New and interesting