How to thaw meat wisely experienced hostess

My friends often ask me how I got in touch with my mother-in-law. “Just start to be friends with her and listen to her advice,” I reply with a smile. Indeed, when Lyubov Grigorievna kept sharing her tricks with me, my cooking skills began to grow. For example, recently my husband's mother said, thaw.

Experienced housewives know that Proper defrosting of meat depends on the quality and taste cooked meal. So now I defrost meat products exactly as my beloved mother-in-law advised. I would love to share some simple things with you!

I used to thaw meat in cold water. But it turned out that it spoils the taste of the product. As a result, meat becomes less juicy and even tough. How is it really worth thawing meat? It's very simple. First, frozen meat must be removed from the freezer the day before cooking. Secondly, it's worth it. freeze up. So the product will defrost as slowly as possible.

As a result, meat It will retain the maximum amount of juice.. The product will remain juicy and please you with its delicate taste. But thawing meat at room temperature is extremely undesirable. The fact is that the heat is a suitable environment for harmful bacteria that could get into the product if they were cut incorrectly. Unfortunately, you can't be sure of the man who worked with the mascara.

How not to thaw the meat
  1. Hot water.. Under no circumstances should meat be thawed in warm water. From a sharp temperature drop, meat protein can curl up. As a result, the meat will remain icy inside and cooked at the edges. And all useful trace elements will simply disappear from the product.

2. Microwave oven. When time is running out, housewives thaw the meat using a microwave. But this method will lead to the fact that the meat will become hard and tasteless. In addition, due to the temperature, the protein will clot in the same way as in hot water.

3. Multi-warfare. Some housewives are used to thawing meat in a multicooker. Due to the fact that the steam not only warms, but also moisturizes the product, its density is destroyed less. But this method will significantly worsen the taste of the finished dish.
  4. gas or electric oven. The same principles work here. First, a sharp temperature drop that affects the protein and texture of meat. Secondly, loss of taste and juiciness. Therefore, you should not resort to such methods of defrosting.

How to properly freeze meat In professional catering establishments cooks use shock-freeze. At the same time, the temperature should reach -40 degrees Celsius. But at home, you can not achieve this without a special device. So what do experienced housewives do? It's actually very simple.

First of all, not my meat before freezing. Yeah, that sounds weird. But after washing, the storage period will be significantly reduced. Just rub the product with paper towels to remove all excess moisture. Secondly, remove all excess fat from the surface of the meat. Then, of course, cut it into portioned pieces. So the meat will freeze evenly.

Also, freeze the meat in separate closed plastic bags, vacuum (if you can) or containers. If you're used to making big bills, it's a must. Mark the date and approximate weight on the sticker. This will help speed up the cooking process. When freezing the whole bird, be sure to remove all the giblets from it. And put mince in thin layers in the bag, trying to remove all the air.

Now you know, How to Freeze Meat Properly. I hope that simple tips from my mother-in-law will help you preserve the taste and juiciness of meat. The fish should also be thawed in the same way. Just pull it out of the freezer and send it to the refrigerator the day before cooking. It's so simple!

Tags

See also

New and interesting