The story of a carefree mother-in-law who loved to boil underwear at her son-in-law's house

In marriage there are a variety of comedic and, unfortunately, tragic situations. It is especially sad when husband your wife or mother-in-law. Such behavior, of course, can not be lowered on the brakes, you need to understand and draw conclusions.

GettyImages Our reader Irina just faced similar circumstances personally. A young woman stands at the crossroads of two roads: on the one hand, her beloved mother, who raised her, and on the other, her husband. The man to whom she swore loyalty and eternal love. But what if two loved ones do not understand each other? Which side should I take?

I was born in an ordinary village family, without much financial resources, but with a bunch of brothers and sisters. My parents worked from morning to night, trying to feed our entire mob of 5 people: brothers and sisters of all ages.

Clothing was not thrown away at all, everyone wore it one after another, until things finally turned into rags, and school textbooks got to the youngest already in such a state that it was difficult to read something, because sometimes the book was missing more than half the pages. On the other hand, the rural school did not require any special knowledge, and the teachers were aware of the situation in the family of a particular student.

I was, you know, lucky. I was middle-aged and it turned out that there was no special demand from me, as with older brothers, but also took me more seriously than younger sisters. So I worked less and had more time to study. I even had time to tell something to the little boy on the school curriculum, so I graduated with honors.

When I was 17, my father, who had been working outdoors all his life, got sick and left us. The doctors said it just burned out. To be honest, I wasn’t at all surprised: we didn’t see him for weeks, was it a joke to sleep 3-4 hours a day, work constantly in the field or help neighbors with equipment? Someone has golden hands, and someone makes good money on it.

After 3 years, the situation was like this. Brothers, three, all left as one to serve. Two went sailors, and the youngest to the border guards, to protect the dream of our homeland. Sonezka, the younger sister, went to Finland for work. I stayed there looking for a husband. In fact, she liked it there.

I, in turn, moved to the city and for a year as a cohabitant with a man older than me by 9 years. Mom was left alone on the farm, but her neighbors helped her, and we tried to send her some money every month, as much as we could.

I don’t want to say that Gregory and I had a special relationship. Rather, cohabitation based on friendship and mutual respect. He was not comfortable without me and I was not comfortable without him. Not that he was some millionaire, far from it. But a three-bedroom apartment and a car are still something for a provincial like me.

We trusted each other and discussed the issue of children at the courtship stage. I didn't really care about it, like Gregory. We'll see.

After a while, my mother became ill and problems began. My husband (and who I am, if not a civil husband) was categorically against her moving in with us. Even though there were plenty of rooms. We were fighting, shouting at each other for the first time in our lives. So the balance was broken.

In the end, he agreed only after I promised that I would leave him to live back in the village with my mother and he would never see me again. Then, when he came with the flowers to make up, I jokingly said that my mother had a cat and he would love it. Grisha then melted, because he loved cats very much. We decided to take my mom to us until she got better.

But then things got much worse.

It took a couple of months and my mom was feeling much better. You know, there's a pandemic outside, I was very afraid. But don't throw her back like that right away. In addition, I missed, and despite Grishino’s dissatisfied snorting, I was pleased to be in the company of my own and closest person.

Only my mother lived all her life in the village and her work is life. In the morning, cleaning, washing and cooking begin. The washing machine is completely ignored, as is the vacuum cleaner. The food in the fridge was so much that even the cat Borka could not cope, so much can eat a company of soldiers. You know what?

Intimate, I'm sorry, life has come to naught, because my mother can come to our room for any rustle or sneeze, there would be a reason. And do not forget about education, in which simplicity comes first.

And they started talking about their grandchildren, about their jobs, and why Gregory doesn't work like a man should 24/7 and so on. I admit, he tried to put up with it at first, but one day I wasn't home. From work, his mother met him, setting him on the table, as it should be: seven. Then she poured him into a glass, went nuts and asked directly, “Is he impotent?” Since then, he has changed his attitude to his mother-in-law once and for all.

If Grisha didn’t like the smell of a pot that was boiling, he would pour it out. Throwing a couple of great laundry bowls through the window, arguing that his house has a washing machine. He even promised to throw out the cat, although it was clear that this was not serious. I tried to reconcile them, but everything was in vain.

Now, personally, I have the most natural problem: Grisha said that if I didn't pick up my mother from his apartment, I could join her and live in the village as before. Yes, it's blackmail, but he can't take it any other way. And I have a choice to make.

Expensive edition "Site" And dear readers. I’ve thought a lot and I can’t make a choice between a mom I love no matter what and a person I respect. I respect the life he gives me. What am I supposed to do? I don't want to go back to the village, but I can't lose my mother either. Whatever, give me some advice. Thank you!

Tags

See also

New and interesting