What are the experiences of people who bought an hour in a sensory deprivation chamber?

As someone who is familiar with tension, I am always open to new relaxing techniques. The last thing that interested me was sensory. I first encountered this concept in a book by neuroscientist John Lilly called The Cyclone Center. In fact, he also owns the idea of creating an unusual device.

Mar 28 2014 at 12:21 PDT

In today’s article you will find detailed information about the What is sensory deprivation and floating. In addition, you will learn about the principles of the float camera and the reasons why people decide on such an experience.

Sensory deprivation camera Sensory deprivation This is a special condition in which all the senses are deprived of external influence. In other words, no physical stimuli affect a person. For example, smells, sounds or light.

Of course, this topic could not but become the subject of scientific research. A huge contribution to its development was made by psychologist and neuroscientist John Lilly. He was primarily interested in how the brain would work if sensory deprivation limited the person.

As a result of many years of research, John Lilly published several scientific papers. In 1972, he introduced a unique sensory deprivation camera. He was assisted by therapist Glenn Perry. The chamber was called Samadhi. This is how Buddhism and Hinduism describe a state in which consciousness is completely calm.

Subsequently, float chambers began to appear all over America, and floating, as a special therapy, received wide publicity. It turned out that sensory deprivation can solve many problems. First, cope with increased anxiety, stress and even depression.

Secondly, this technique can relieve a person from harmful addictions. But therapy is also welcome as a prevention. Fleet cameras are popular with athletes and dancers who have suffered serious injuries. In addition, they are often used by actors to prepare for complex acting work.

So, the sensory deprivation chamber is a special closed tank in which a solution with a high density is poured. As a rule, English salt is used for this. In this case, the water temperature should correspond to the temperature of the human body.

Since the water is too salty, a person literally hovers on its surface, as if in zero gravity. Thanks to this, the muscles of the body can completely relax, and all tension goes away from the spine. This procedure normalizes blood pressure and heart rate. In addition, it accelerates the healing of fractures, injuries and reduces swelling.

It is believed that floating increases immunity and reduces the production of adrenaline and cortisol. A similar procedure is also used in cosmetology. With its help, you can achieve smoothing wrinkles, reducing cellulite, improving complexion and skin condition.

It is difficult to overestimate the effect of floating on the body. It is proved that one session in the float chamber can be compared to a full rest at sea. And the level of calm and relaxation in the body is equal to 6-8 hours of quality sleep.

Unfortunately, floating in its original form is not suitable for everyone. For example, people with a fear of enclosed spaces (claustrophobia) should not be immersed in a closed chamber. Therefore, float pools began to appear in the world. There may be several people at a time.

This model is presented in Russia and is very popular. For the pool use English salt with magnesium. The solution perfectly calms and relaxes the body and nervous system.

To try floating on yourself, it is worth knowing a few important points. First, you can not do hair removal less than a day before the procedure. Secondly, you should not drink energy, alcohol, starve or, conversely, overeat. It is recommended to drink water before starting.

There are also a number of medical contraindications. For example, epilepsy, diseases associated with the ears and heart. Anyway, before the procedure, be sure to consult your doctor.

I admit, try it on myself. sensor-deprivation - one of my cherished desires. However, it should be noted that pleasure is not the cheapest. But believe me, it's definitely worth it!

I wonder if you would do such a procedure? Tell me, have you ever encountered such a thing as floating? We look forward to your comments!

Tags

See also

New and interesting