The situation with the husband's parents, who intercept him and take money so that the wife does not waste

Living with husband's parents Whether or not it is a difficult question. There are different situations. But for the sake of union with a loved one, some are ready to make any fundamental concessions. On the other hand, not always something good comes out of it.

In fact, strangers, even if they gave birth and raised your loved one, do not necessarily turn out to be good and good. You are a stranger to them, and a stranger to them. And it is very difficult for people to change habits, no matter how outdated and outdated they may be.

My husband and I are now 28 years old. I'm a girl (or perhaps a woman) from the city, and he's a simple guy from the countryside. We have a lot in common, but not with our parents. Don’t get me wrong, I love my mom and dad. But at about 21-22 years old, I went to live in a separate apartment, although our relationship remained great.

The old man had a great deal of respect for him. When we started dating, he was still living with his family in the village. He helped with the household, and he worked either on the watch or on small sabbaths. Don’t worry, he’s never had any bad habits. All in all, a good, reliable guy. But not on his own.

After a while, he asked me to stay with him. Actually, his parents are in the village. Like, we'll be closer, and we'll check our feelings. And once very opaque hinted that it would be nice, because parents would treat this with great joy. Well, it says it's done.

I’m not going to tell you what strange rules your family follows. How difficult it was for me to be in their house sometimes is understandable. But they don't go to a foreign monastery with their own charter, and I had to adjust. But I still remember one case and, in principle, it completely shows the village life of these people.

I was cooking buckwheat and accidentally sprinkled a bag of cereal all over the floor. I wanted to pick up a broom and throw everything in the trash, but my boyfriend quickly did it himself. He then packed the buckwheat into a bag and left with it. I thought I took the chickens. I was surprised when I saw him wash it in a bowl of water, then throw it in a pan to the rest of the cereal.

“What’s wrong, I don’t want to be lost.” And you know, somehow this made me uncomfortable.

And then came the moment when Vadim had to go on watch. He made it a condition for me to stay with his parents for a couple of months while he was gone. Helping them and so on. It's nothing complicated, but you have to. I've lost my nerve and I've lost it. In high tones, she explained that I do not want to be a servant and I will not disappear in the city without him. A bit of a scandal, in short.

Of course, this was heard by Vadim’s mother, Klavdia Ivanovna. She didn't show up, but it's just in front of me. In fact, she told her son that evening to leave me and kick me out of their house. After he refused, this woman in just a couple of days spread a rumor throughout the village that I am an angry and bad person, and that I am lazy, and running around on men. Blamed for all her sins, then.

© Freepik After a good thought, Vadim decided to move with me to the city. His parents, especially his mother, strongly discouraged him. Like, come on, daughter-in-law's out. But you, the only son, have to stay to look after the old men. Although, I'll tell you, the energy for both of them was a carriage. In fact, they kept the farm, because they knew “how to do it”.

Then we signed. They decided not to do the wedding at first, but still invited a couple of friends to have more fun. We cannot say that we are suffering from lack of money. But the family is young, I want to feel protected financially. And spending money on partying was no longer interesting.

And now, when Vadim was returning to the city from the next watch, Vadim got a call. My father asked me to bring some money, they said something happened. The faithful son did everything right and came home with almost empty pockets. And then it turned out that the money my father just lured. So that I did not spend on beauty salons, and my son returned to his native nest from despair.

To confess, when I found out, I was most offended not for money, but for a husband who so easily let himself be fooled. In my feelings, I gave him an ultimatum: either to communicate with his parents or to file for divorce. Then I regretted it, because Vadim really took it seriously. I blocked my mom and dad's phone numbers and stopped coming to them.

I am not such a bad person, and now I dissuade my husband from this decision. I even asked him to come visit me. With cake, flowers. He doesn't. It's bad because, first of all, the family is alone. Whatever we say. And secondly, I would like my daughter, who is pregnant, to communicate with her grandparents. Vadim is not aware yet, I hope he will change his decision. They will change their attitude towards me.

Tags

See also

New and interesting