The power of dawn: 6 the right morning rituals

If you run your business or actively make a career, it is easy to twist like a squirrel in a wheel, and to be in a constant state of exhaustion. I used to be hard to get out of bed in the morning, I repeatedly pressed the snooze button on the alarm clock before starting a 12-hour day, ran out of the door at breakneck speed. But now, making some changes in your habits, I jump out of bed at 5:55 am and I have never felt more energetic and productive.

I'm not the only entrepreneur who uses the power of early morning: Tim Ferriss, Oprah and Tim cook from Apple to start your day before sunrise. If you want to use these key hours, before heading to the office, try these morning rituals.

1. Set the alarm clock very preciselyWhy you need super-precise Wake-up time? Some psychological feature causes the brain to pay attention to it — for the same reason, we're having a morning meeting of the company at 10:55 every day. Before I set the alarm for about 6:00 in the morning, rearranging it for a few minutes forward or back every day and click "postpone" (many times).Now I'm not going to compromise the alarm is set for 5:55, and a sequence rooted in my soul, forcing me to get out of bed on time.

2. Write down one intention each dayI go to the coffee machine, just getting out of bed. While brewed my espresso, I have a minute to determine your task for the day. Writing down your goals, you reach them much more often, and I firmly believe that what gets measured, gets done. When I'm reading the intent, I have a successful, happy days. In the days when I do not, concentrate harder.

I use the Notepad on the iPhone to record one task (only one!), to be executed within the next 24 hours. These intentions are always simple and achievable. For example, today it was "to go to the gym." In other cases, it may be due to the way I eat. Although it is associated with personal health, taking care of yourself ultimately means caring about the business.

3. Give yourself an hour of powerThis is probably the most important part of my morning ritual. My kids Wake up around 7:00 in the morning, so from 6:00 to 7:00 is a precious chunk of time for me. I can spend it to improve my French (one of my 101 life goals — pass business class en francais), a little practice or read.

What I never do in the hour of power? I don't check email. We are all guilty of this, but I used the first thing in the morning, grabbed my phone and opened the Inbox. Then I realized that reading email early in the day allows other people to dictate priorities to me, forcing me to respond to events, not to decide for yourself what to do and when.

4. Find a way to eat rightDuring the work day can happen something that will hinder your healthy eating. But I believe that targeted first meal (when willpower is at its peak) helps to maintain good habits.

Now I use a local company of delivery of food called Vital Supply Co to simplify proper nutrition. I can choose between different sentences which allow you to optimize your energy during the day. When I was younger I often skipped lunch or ate anything that was at hand.Now I know that healthy habits lead to a healthy mind and concentration. You will not be confident, energetic leader, if you don't eat right. Service delivery healthy food is not allowing me to skip meals.

5. Effectively use the road for workAlthough some employers are willing (or forced) to work 12 hours a day, I made a conscious choice to devote more time to physical health and family. I don't usually come to the office before 8:30 or 9:00, but I use a 20-minute drive to work usefully. My assistant outlines interviews and conference calls at the time when I travel and have access to a speakerphone so I can be productive in the way. Doing some things on the way, I can reduce the actual time spent in the office. It also leads to more creative thinking, because I'm mobile and can think differently.

6. Sleep well in the night,the Real secret of a productive morning is the night before. I usually go to bed at 10 PM and before I go to sleep, list 10 things for which I am grateful. If I had a bad day or something went wrong, it is a powerful reminder of the progress I have achieved with family, fitness and business. The end of the day on a positive note means that in 5:55 when the alarm rings, I'll be ready to start the day off on the right foot".

published

@ Brian Scudamore

P. S. And remember, just changing your mind — together we change the world! ©

Source: //ideanomics.ru/articles/9295

Tags

See also

New and interesting