"Remember, son: heroes are not born, heroes become"

The great commander Alexander Suvorov became famous not only for his intelligence and skillful tactics of battles, but also to its relations to the subordinates. He could easily be hooked to ordinary soldiers and to start a conversation with them. The website tells the story of that wise saying of Suvorov made a coward into a hero!

During the battle at the river Rymnik Suvorov young soldier of the army of Kuzma Shapkin got scared and decided to hide in the bushes. He thought that the captain would never know about it, but it turned out that Aleksandr Vasilyevich Suvorov saw it.

A few days after this battle, Suvorov had to hand out awards to all the distinguished men. Kuzma Shapkin was standing together with his colleagues and was ready to sink with shame through the earth. Suddenly hears the voice of Suvorov:

— The ordinary Shapkin, to me!

Kuzma didn't believe his ears, remained in formation, not moving a muscle. Suvorov repeated his order. Nothing to do, he approached the commander and received on his chest a medal.

That night all the soldiers came together and began to tell me what heroism they received awards and the distinguished. One took the Turkish flag, the other came up with a good plan of attack, the third single-handedly killed a dozen enemies. Only Shapkin was silent and eyes were hidden.

— So what did you medal its got Kuzma? — asked his friend.

Nothing answered him, Shapkin, turned the conversation. And so a week passes, Kuzma Shapkin also all friends shy away, not answer the questions. Decided to go to the Suvorov and admit what he did.

Come Kuzma and gave his medal, that Suvorov was very surprised, saying, how is it that a medal received and want to return! Confessed he Shapkin, all for the battle sat, shivering, in the bushes, so the award was not supposed to. After his story Suvorov suddenly laughed and hugged the soldier.

Okay, Shapkin, well done! Yes I know what you did, but do not hold evil. I wanted you to experience, to understand what kind of person. Remember, Shapkin: heroes are not born, heroes become! Go. And the medal is yours let me remain. Deserve — you will be proud to wear!

Not mistaken the commander in Shapkin. The next day in battle in the first ranks broke in an important Turkish fortress, and has earned a medal, and fame.

Based on the book "Tales about Suvorov and the Russian soldiers"

via factroom.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting