Chic the story of the Englishman who decided to call tech support

When equipment breaks down, the Russians are the first thing to catch to read the instructions. And if that does not helps then have to seek help from professionals, at least on the phone. Only in this case it is important to describe the whole problem entirely... But the main character of the anecdote on the Website 's overlooked one small detail that backfired!

Phone call to technical support equipment "HP". The operator picks up the phone:

— Welcome to the technical support "HP"! My name is John, how may I help you?

— Hello, John. I recently bought a color inkjet printer to your company's model X.

— So, what are the difficulties you are experiencing, sir?

— This printer does not print in color...

— Really?

Or rather, all colors, prints, and yellow — no!

Well, probably the yellow ink ran out.

— Can't be, I just this morning put a new cartridge, tried to print a color image, and the yellow doesn't work!

— Then let's run some tests, sir...

After 30 minutes of various tests it turned out that the printer really prints absolutely all colors except yellow. Remarkably, the printer print even colors like orange and green, to play which need yellow. The operator realized that there are only three options: mock him or want to play; the client went to the roof; the operator went to the roof.

Because the telephone conversations with customers are selectively auditioned guidance to ensure "a high level of culture and quality of technical support", Express their concerns openly, the operator could not, and only allowed myself noticed the following:

Sir, for the last half hour we've done all the tests that are listed in our database. I can't find what the problem is. All I can advise is to exchange the cartridge in the store for a new one, and if that doesn't work, you will have to take to the store and the printer itself, as you have it under warranty.

Thank You, John. But I then came up with another brilliant idea. What do you think, does it matter that I printed on bright yellow paper?

via factroom.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting