Problems don't actually exist

For an adult who makes a living writing articles, I read too slow and very ashamed of it. For me to read a novel in less than two weeks – this is the height of success. If I much like it from the beginning, I will master it within the week, however this usually means that I have to highlight to read it for a few hours a day.

There are people who read two or three or even seven or eight books a week. I always wanted to be one of them, and a couple of months ago I decided to try to achieve this. My philosophy was simple: I will do everything that they do.

I thought people who read five or even ten times more books than I must use some special techniques not available to me.

So I plunged into the dubious world of speed reading. I bought one of the best books on the subject and promised myself I'd work on the program.

The technique is really different from how I used to read. Be careful not to move your fingers for each line. Not pronounce the word. Do not stop the passages, the meaning of which You do not understand, highlight important words and move on, allowing the natural redundancy of the material to fill in the gaps.

And these instructions really worked. I found that now I can read belletristics literature two times faster, while understanding most of the basic ideas remained. The words flowed in my head, uninterrupted flow, and I didn't have time to get distracted or daydream about something.

However, I did not get this from reading any pleasure. It seemed to me that I participate in some cooking shows and trying to cook something masterpiece, but can't focus for a preset time, which drives me in the back. Yes, I read fast, but this process was completely devoid of joy. I don't think I have mastered the material sufficiently.

Once you start studying speed reading, I learned that the technique I wanted to master, is a kind of cursory reading. It is very useful for working with large volumes of material (school, work, and so on) or extract important information from what You really do not want to read. However, such a reading does not bring any pleasure.

Edge disappointed in this method, I typed in Google search query "How the hell did people manage to read so many books?" and found a topic in which dozens of people, able to absorb large amounts of information, to explain how they do it.

I thought I'd find there a lot of methods – for example, how to move your eyes across the page, or how else to begin the process of reading. However, the majority of the responses were: "I just read a lot for many years, and my speed has increased significantly over this time".

I thought I had stalled, but a good stalemate.It became clear to me that actually I have no problems. All this time I've been on the wrong path, which in the end got the opportunity to get back on the right road and continue to follow her.

Secret method of speed reading was a bust, and now I read without worrying about speed. I just spend more time reading in your cozy chair. For me now there are no barriers.

Apart from increasing the volume of the read information, I also noticed that my rate of reading has accelerated. I think it was because I stopped to consider this process as a challenge to myself. I was just reading words without thinking about what I need to do it faster.

Read more, and the speed will improve over time by itself. This is the simplest solution to this problem. I had to come all the way out only to discover that in the end it is nothing.

Once in high school we had to read Charles Dickens novel "Great expectations". I managed to master it with great difficulty. After a trauma like this big fat book has become for me a symbol of the struggle. Every time I opened the book with a volume of over 600 pages, printed in small font on the inside of me there was a resistance and the idea that I can't stand not reading to the end.

We ourselves fill our lives with obstacles – just because we think we already used the most simple approach.

I have many friends who think that cooking and they are incompatible. They insist that it is either this, or not. For this reason, they never cook. But since they never cook, they will not be able to learn it.

The law of Attraction in the world of thought: As the call, so the echo" — Yes, and from all sides!If you don't want to go somewhere — don'T GO!

We tend to invent problems for yourself. It is easier to accept that there is some secret information not available to You, rather than admit the existence of a more simple, obvious ways that You didn't use it.

The door will seem like a wall until, until You realize that You need to enter it. published

Author: Brittany Stevens

Source: muz4in.net/news/mozhet_byt_problemy_na_samom_dele_ne_sushhestvuet/2016-12-29-42547

Tags

See also

New and interesting