Mnemonics: How to remember something important for years to come

I found even those times when there were no cell phones, and landline had to learn by heart. Either write in a notebook.

And the mountain was waiting for someone to accidentally lose your recordings, and with them a huge number of important links. (I remember my father once washed my notebook.)

Now, of course, there is no need to keep in mind so much unnecessary information. We all make smartphones, synchronization, cloud services...

But I still want to share with you one basic technique for memorizing long sequences of numbers which maybe someday will be useful.

Case you need urgently to remember the car number, or there will be a pen and phone to write the number of the mobile. Or maybe just want to impress a girl or win a bet.

And help us in this mnemonic!

Mnemonics (the art of memory), mnemonics — a set of special techniques and methods to facilitate memorization of needed information and increase the amount of memory by forming associations (relations).

Wikipedia

In simple terms, mnemonics enables you to memorize difficult to remember information. For example, a sequence of a hundred numbers, a list of several phones, the new foreign words, etc.

Mnemonics is based on the fact that the brain automatically translates all the words and numbers in images. For example reading the word "glass" - we will present the image (picture) and not the word. If the reading of the word image doesn't appear — we do not understand the meaning of the word. Try, for example to understand what Lucullus Flute Drawers.

There are whole schools dedicated to the techniques of memorizing information by using mnemonics. I just want to show you one of the many ways that I was once very impressed. It is simple and effective.

So. First you need to think of each digit image. It is desirable that this image resembled the shape of writing numbers. It would be best if the figure is as it is inscribed in the subject you represent.

For example imagine a Swan. In form it is very similar to figure 2. Or recall how the braid looks. Very similar to figure 7. Thus, you need to come up with ten objects shaped like numbers.

For clarity, I found a few pictures on the Internet. But you can (and even better) to come up with the images yourself.

Now that the numbers are related to the pictures, you can easily remember long numbers. Moreover, to reproduce them in any order. From end to beginning or from the middle in any direction.

How it's done. Upon hearing or seeing the room, you need to come up with a story involving the images that match the required numbers. And most importantly, the absurdity of the story is, the faster and easier you will remember. It is also desirable to have you involved your feelings and sound.

For example, you need to remember the number of your passport. Look at the numbers and come up with a story. 4107 386290 (for example, take images from the picture).

Story:

I balance on one leg of an overturned chair, the Pope I have a burning candle, and in the audience sitting there staring at my show sun, while hooting and waving the flag. Suddenly I fall on someone's heart. I raise my head and see it's a doll, which falls apart and she falls of the castle. Then I Swan with a balloon in his mouth, on which are painted the sun.

That's all. Repeat to yourself several times in this story and you remember your passport number. Now you can easily read this number or Vice versa from the middle, just remembering the chain of events from their history. Try it now. Take any phone number from your mobile and remember it with the help of mnemonics.

And now, a little life hack. If you want to remember something important, and for many years, you will have to come up with a secret room. In this secret room, create a trunk or safe with the records. Now, that story you should remember, put it in your trunk in the desired section. (for example, "important documents"). Then the subconscious mind will do everything for you.

Now, at the right time, just open the chest, select the section and memory emerge the desired story.

I hope it was interesting and useful.published

Author: Alexander Cruz

Also interesting: 5 ways to win every argument: the tactics of FBI

10 good reasons for daily records

P. S. And remember, just changing your mind — together we change the world! ©

Source: samsebegu.ru/mnemotekhnika-ili-kak-zapomnit-nomer-telefona/

Tags

See also

New and interesting