Gestational diabetes: checklist for pregnant women from personal experience

Usually, all the details of his personal life and, especially, health, behind the scenes. And that's fine.

However, today, when I asked a girl who knew about my diagnosis in pregnancy and now encountered with the same firsthand, I'll write a memo. For my future and for those who are just as scared and frighten anyone words — you have gestational diabetes. And someone will recommend to terminate the pregnancy at 4 months.

How and why diabetes develops in pregnancy, I will not stop. Let me just say that for me, anxious and boring about food, health and not having a burdened history, this diagnosis was a complete offensive and unfair surprise.

I was afraid of the consequences, children need to come to terms with the meter 6 to 10 times a day (and pricked fingers is small, it is difficult psychologically to be reconstructed) and the prospect of appointing insulin, if diet can not cope.

Insulin was eventually appointed a month before the birth, because the same set of products diet began to give uncontrolled results. Had to adapt to this — shots, ring the alarm, where would you he is not caught. I must say, so well do injections in the thigh in the car without interrupting the conversation with someone and unbeknownst to him, is quite the experience.

My key to success (now we can talk about this safely) is a physicianthat is motivated as a coach before a competition, diet is not strict, and very rigid support for the men and the dull routine of discipline. Bonus — 5 kg for the whole pregnancy that went by themselves.

So, memo.

1. To prepare mentally for a long (from six months) life of running a food diary, measurements, the need to eat every 2-2.5 hours and rebuild that 1 green Apple — this is 1 individual meal. And 5 nuts too. Analyze each product and dish, especially prepared not by you personally or in a cafe. Most of the dishes that seem harmless, in this period are not (soup with potatoes, casserole in a cafe or mom, or oatmeal on the water with a banana, for example).

2. Buy the meter — better than the expensive with the possibility of storing the results and calculating the average for a week, two or month. Measure the sugar on an empty stomach, 1 hour after meals and at bedtime. Targets pregnant women:
  • on an empty stomach — up to 5.1,
  • an hour after eating up to 7.0,
  • before sleep — up to 5.1.
  3. The principle of food — little and often, even distribution of slow carbs. About the fastest, even not worth mentioning. They are excluded.

Eat every 2.5 hours. Portion of carbohydrates (cereals, pasta) — 3 tablespoons in dry form. Delete: potatoes everywhere even in the soup, carrots, beets, bananas, grapes, persimmon, melon, chocolate, sweet, honey, milk, yogurt, rice. Dried fruits — prunes, dried apricots, figs — 1 thing at 1 time. Then expelled it. Nuts — 5 pieces almonds, walnuts. Separate meal or add cheese. Fruit — red berries and green apples, pears, kiwi, avocado. A private reception. 1 Apple and 1 pear — this is 2 separate meals. Bread — 1 piece per day of either black type or unleavened. Vegetables — all except excluded potatoes, beets, carrots. Cereals and pasta — bulgur, quinoa, buckwheat, whole wheat or gluten free pasta, couscous (and then was deleted), buckwheat noodles. 3 tablespoons dry — portion. Cheese, ordinary yoghurt, chicken, Turkey, fish, eggs, beans (if well tolerated by the body) and any other proteins — unlimited. Sample menu (winter-spring):

For Breakfast — protein, carbs from Kashi to leave to the next meal. Cheese first is empty, then you can try to add berries and nuts and watch the result. Sweetener only agave syrup or other plant-based natural sweeteners, except honey. Instead of milk — vegetable milk.
  • Breakfast — cottage cheese.
  • Snack — Apple or pear or yogurt or 2-3 spoons of cereals.
  • Lunch - buckwheat noodles or avocado with the olive oil.
  • Snack — cheese or a casserole (all without sugar and with oatmeal).
  • Afternoon snack — vegetable salad, fried zucchini, meat or fish or buckwheat with vegetables.
  • Snack — yogurt or cottage cheese.
  • Food — again, vegetables and cereals, or meat-fish-vegetables.
  • Snack — egg-vegetables-yogurt (your choice).
 Bedtime can and should have a better protein or vegetables. Keep a diary on a daily basis. 4. To take regular blood from a vein (the surest indicator of a finger — just a guideline) and urinalysis. To monitor the lack of glucose and ketone bodies in the urine. Ketone bodies the first time control using special strips on their own at home. 5. If the diagnosis of GDM will supply up to 24 weeks, do not pass the glucose tolerance test at 24-28 week, this increased load. Failure in the LCD. 6. If insulin is prescribed after an accurate understanding of what the diet ceases to help — agree. Helps to cope with irregular sugar. I had long, Levemir, cancelled on the day of delivery. 7. Control after birth the level of glucose and the baby. To remember that type 1 and type 2 is not associated with gestational and control your diet after childbirth and the child's diet with the introduction of complementary foods. Drive all candy and sweet from a child. 8. Ultrasound at 30-34 weeks to ask the doctor about possible influence of diabetes on the child, to verify the compliance deadline weight and abdominal circumference and head (the stomach should be less of the head). The weight of the baby to 40 weeks must not exceed 4 kg. gestational Diabetes is not an indication for cesarean section. 9. Find a good endocrinologist and know that everything will be fine. No doubt.published Also read: Formidable symptoms of DIABETES Eliminating problems during pregnancy without medication

Source: www.bionicamarket.ru/blog/view/272

Tags

See also

New and interesting