Second Zhyzni motherboard

Peter MacFarlane (Peter McFarlane) – original canadian artist, chosen "canvas" for your green art old motherboards and other scrap metal. His "fossils" paintings remind us that technology is age just a few years in our age of change already considered hopelessly outdated almost dinosaurs among state of the art equipment.

"When I was a teenager, I decided to earn some money and found a place working on the Assembly line at the factory. This experience, this is the first close contact with technology has had a profound effect on me – rather negative. One of my early works created during my school years, full of mistrust for such factories and their products, symbolized by their brutality and deviation from nature. And yet, despite the skeptical (at the time) attitude to technology, I must acknowledge the enormous value of this "stuff" in my creative evolution.

Being older, I appreciate protection of the environment: I started to wonder how my art affects the carbon footprint of mankind. A passion for recycling unwanted things and outings in order to the dump is gradually heated up. In developing countries most of the waste is used again, which is not true of a prosperous Canada: here to the so-called debris was still treated with contempt – these are the ideals of the modern middle class. When I hear some things called waste, I understand: people have no imagination.

As a result of various buildings that were before in use, are used in the basis of my work the last three decades. Most of the collection materials is "gifts" from friends and supporters who are interested in the environment and process of my work.

The other half of the raw material comes from the dump and dumpsters: as a crow, I hunt for a different shiny metal things! Everything I encounter presents possibilities for my art, all I see potential. The smallest strand of wire can make sense, if properly placed.

Boards are an integral part of the global village and are in so many of our consumer goods that we can almost rely on them in everyday life, in business, medicine...

Each job requires a unique, often very difficult of manipulation to realize your potential and to turn from the details of the mass-produced art objects are handmade. Re-knowledge of materials allows us to create versatile, multi-layered narrative filled with vivid, compelling and contagious.

Source: /users/104

Tags

See also

New and interesting